FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

15 minutes ago, POTUS said:

Sat looking

Why Him 1.8 Sing 8.2 Moan 1.8,Pass 3 Ass 2.2  La La La Land 1.1 R1 15.3

Sunday #s (Asgard) R 25, Sing 14.5, Pass 7.3, Fences 6, WH 5.2, Ass 5, LLL 3.7

F          S         S      S%inc   Tot

R1      22.7    15.3    25.0     63%    63.0 = BOM 69.8

Sing   13.0      8.2    14.5     77%    35.7 = BOM 46

Pass    4.5      3.0      7.3    143%   14.8 = BOM 24

Ass      3.7      2.2      5.0    127%   10.9 = BOM 13.5

remaing BOM 3-day w/e predictions

• Why Him? (~2,800 theaters) - $11 M = FSS ~ 10.915
  • Moana (2,784/2,687 theaters) - $8 M
  • La La Land (200/731 theaters) - $5.1 M = FSS ~ 5.77
  • Collateral Beauty (~3,069 theaters) - $4.8 M
  • Office Christmas Party (2,679/2,441 theaters) - $4.4 M
  • Fences (4/~2,200 theaters) - $4.3 M

Acc. to a fast glance, the most of the others did either a 4-day forecast or a six-day forecast (btw, Variety being $40m over Disney's est. for the 6-days for SW R1)

= market in complete less than 'estimated'? Exception Lala Land, all out of the named one seem to be 'under'.

Was there another outlet, that did a 3-day prediction? 

I am so tired today, 3 days without sleep,... yawn

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fmpro said:

With that 7,3 mill number for Pass compared to TGWTDT..... 100 mill is not out of the question.. Some would say its highly likely now

Word has spread about "problematic" twist and people are flocking to theaters to see it. :)

Edited by Valonqar

34 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

remaing BOM 3-day w/e predictions

• Why Him? (~2,800 theaters) - $11 M = FSS ~ 10.915
  • Moana (2,784/2,687 theaters) - $8 M
  • La La Land (200/731 theaters) - $5.1 M = FSS ~ 5.77
  • Collateral Beauty (~3,069 theaters) - $4.8 M
  • Office Christmas Party (2,679/2,441 theaters) - $4.4 M
  • Fences (4/~2,200 theaters) - $4.3 M

Acc. to a fast glance, the most of the others did either a 4-day forecast or a six-day forecast (btw, Variety being $40m over Disney's est. for the 6-days for SW R1)

= market in complete less than 'estimated'? Exception Lala Land, all out of the named one seem to be 'under'.

Was there another outlet, that did a 3-day prediction? 

I am so tired today, 3 days without sleep,... yawn

Get some sleep lol!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Poland is foolishly claiming that the film is a flop and only making 1.3, and 6.2m would absolutely not be a flop, so it's indeed a great number. 

LOL as if a Denzel movie released in 2200 theaters would make only 1.3M in one day. The guy has a rock solid fanbase and is a reliable opener as it gets.

Fences was doing shit numbers in limited cause it wasn't available to Denzel fandom plus he and his movie are too mainstream for arthouse crowd that supports movies in limited. But it was expected that it'd do great once it went wide. Unlike Moonlight which is a typical arthouse movie posting sky high numbers in limited, that never crosses over to mainstream when going wider.

Is that a shit number for LLL or a great one? How wide did it go?

Edited by Valonqar

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

how the hell la-la land manage to increase over Christmas eve??

I see an event coming~

It appears to be a possible event. 

MBS pta will slightly go up Sunday vs last Sunday.  LLL will barely be down after tripling it's theaters. 

6 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

@Poseidon I'm so sorry my cell keeps quoting you randomly :sadben:

I can't seem to fix it :sadben:

That R1 Number kinda sucks too :sadben:

Nothing to worry, we've all had this problem before. :D

So RO came back to earth after having an outstanding christmas eve. 25m is right where I had it a couple of days before for CD.

Passengers finally showing some life, but womens movies often start to deliver on dec 25th. Too busy for the movies before. 

Sing might do more than 20m today.

Was hoping for more for La La Land. 
Great for Fences, though.

• Like 3

The La La Land number seemed weak at first to me, but not really. It has already made 10m in 200 theatres by Sat. With a 3.7m Sunday if for the rest of the holidays follows

We Bought a Zoo

10+3,7+4,3+3,5+3,3+3,4+4+3,7+3,2+3,1= 42,2m by Jan 2

Girl with Dragon Tattoo

10+3,7+4,4+3+2,7+2,7+3,5+2,8+3,5+2,9= 39,2m by Jan 2

Those movies aren't great comparisons since they had 2000+ more theatres than LLL but it looks like La La Land will be close or over 40m by the time it goes wide. 100m looks more probable every day.

Passengers could become one of those movies to get to 100m (not locked yet) without a single double digit day. Even on Monday it could be up say 10-20% for 8-9 and be on track for 100 depending on how it performs till 2nd Jan.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

RO is fine unless it falls today it is fine.

It should do over 100 million from the 27th to Jan 2nd so it will be around 420 million.

I think it should do a minimum of 100? million after that? 

Yes. I still can't see it below TDK.

Huge jump for Sing (+77%) compared to Tintin (+55%) and Chipmunks (+58%).

On Monday Tintin did +44% and Chipmunks did another +58%.

Wonder if Sing is more subdued or again jumps huge on Monday.

The opposite for R1. Was expecting >100% on Sunday and +10-15% on Monday looking at 2011. Now am thinking/hoping for +20-25% on Monday.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I am really liking that number for passengers. I know a lot of you guys don't believe me but as I have said numerous times I really think the word of mouth will be fairly good on it so I'm hoping for a nice healthy run over the next 10 days.

It is inching up in the RT audience score. Started from 65% and inched up to 69% over the last few days. The overall score isn't great but the positve trajectory is somewhat encouraging. 

It won't be enough to counter the bad reviews, but if WOM is decent that could at least mean it will have some longevity. The main takeaway I've been getting is "Way better than reviews make it out to be".

• Like 6

1 minute ago, JennaJ said:

It is inching up in the RT audience score. Started from 65% and inched up to 69% over the last few days. The overall score isn't great but the positve trajectory is somewhat encouraging. 

It won't be enough to counter the bad reviews, but if WOM is decent that could at least mean it will have some longevity. The main takeaway I've been getting is "Way better than reviews make it out to be".

It's IMDB score has also been steadily increasing, which hardly ever happens.

• Like 3

The main number im shocked about is the one for Why Him. Wasn't it at $1.8M for Saturday? I thought it was DOA. 

7 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

I hate when people say this because it still doesn't tell me anything about the quality of the film. So it wasn't as trashy as the critics said it was. Fantastic. But was it any good? (PS this isn't in reference to Passengers but films in general that receive that type of feedback) 

9 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

Hacksaw Ridge crossed $45M in China, pretty awesome. And The Great Wall at $120M so that should make it's money back.

I'm interested to see how The Great Wall does in the states. Obviously it's off to a fantastic start with that China number. I wonder if it'll be big over here or not. 

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

Get some sleep lol!

Thanks, would love to, wont happen.

It is a 'I-am-used-to-it' recurring pattern since 30y+ for a work related reason, sometimes 2-3 days, sometimes more, up to 8 1/2 days. Over that count I never went, beside repeatedly having reached that 'count'. I never sleep as much as most of the others anyway, what can be a bit expensive, as I tend to buy too many DVDs in those times. 

We are through the many.... too many huge meals. Son (and dog! He seems to have found something to eat, no idea what - yet) looks a bit food-comatose, hubby tries out his newly learned (~ artsy-coursse) welding skills on his much work needing classic ~ truck. I'd love to do some work e.g. in the garden too (today it is nice weather again!), but have to wait 4 weeks at least.

= I wait for BO news and read some charts and books,.... and have my leg up (I overdid it again)

Can't wait for 2017, hopefully it will be a bit better (but then, there is probably a lot of strange 'events' to prepare for, see Trump)

• Like 5