Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti and The Panda Present: THE FIFTH ANNUAL BOFFY AWARDS! La La Land, Arrival, and Zootopia Lead the Pack!

31 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Don't forget MrPink.  That guy's pretty insane with his Nolan obsession and all.

MrPink is pretty weird but did you see that one guy with the Monster Trucks obssession?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Blankments said:

Nom count:

16: La La Land

12: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

11: Arrival

9: Hell or High Water

6: Deadpool, Zootopia

5: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, The Jungle Book, Kubo and the Two Strings, Manchester by the SeaMoonlight

4: Elle, Hacksaw Ridge, Moana, The Nice Guys, Silence, Sing Street

3: 10 Cloverfield Lane, Everybody Wants Some!!, The Lobster

2: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, The BFG, Don't Breathe, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Fences, Love & Friendship, Nocturnal Animals, Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping, Star Trek Beyond, The Witch

1: 13th, Assassin's Creed, Captain America: Civil War, The Conjuring 2, Doctor Strange, Eye in the Sky, Finding Dory, Hail, Caesar!, The Handmaiden, Hidden Figures, Independence Day: Resurgence, O.J.: Made in America, Sausage Party, Suicide Squad, Swiss Army Man, Weiner, Zoolander 2

Kubo and Zootopia slaying! 

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

MrPink is pretty weird but did you see that one guy with the Monster Trucks obssession?

There could be a vote from me based on another obsession

#I'mwithAsian

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Spaghetti by the Sea said:

Holy set!

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN

The nominees are...

ARRIVAL

Patrice Vermette, Andrew Valade, and Paul Hotte

Related image

LA LA LAND

Danid Wasco and Sandy Reynolds-Wasco

Image result for la la land

HAIL, CAESAR!

Jess Gonchor

Image result for no dames

KUBO & THE TWO STRINGS

Daniel R. Casey and Nelson Lowry

Image result for kubo production design

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY

Doug Chiang and Neil Lamont

Image result for rogue one production design

How the fuck did Fantastic Beasts get snubbed here?

I'm simultaneously shocked and delighted that Silence got some love here! I know we have a few people who gave it grades in the "A" range, but it's such a difficult film (especially in that I feel like it almost requires some background in religious studies to fully understand/appreciate) that I was counting on it to fly under the radar despite the Scorsese cred.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I'm simultaneously shocked and delighted that Silence got some love here! I know we have a few people who gave it grades in the "A" range, but it's such a difficult film (especially in that I feel like it almost requires some background in religious studies to fully understand/appreciate) that I was counting on it to fly under the radar despite the Scorsese cred.

yeah, i'm surprised how much people here seem to have responded to that film. it's still at 100% A grades in the review poll.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

yeah, i'm surprised how much people here seem to have responded to that film. it's still at 100% A grades in the review poll.

I agree fully, Silence may be one of the worst movies ever made. It's certainly the most boring. I have a newfound appreciation for both Boyhood and Manchester, they were just normal run-of-the-mill boring movies about nothing happening. Silence was like the Michael Jordan of boredom, completely out-boring everything in its path and going down as one for the ages. Should be prescribed for anyone with insomnia. Instant cure.

- certain BOT member :P

I'm looking forward to seeing when it comes out on the 16th of Feb <_<.

I think Rogue One deserves its noms. It was really good and I think it is the only movie in 2016 I saw twice besides Star Trek Beyond and Zootopia. You know a film is doing something right when the viewer doesn't cry the first time, but actually cries the second time!

(Yeah, I got emotional the second time. To see the will of the force overcome such adversity... even dodging the very grasp of Darth Vader himself... I was overwhelmed!)

1 hour ago, AABATTERY said:

- certain BOT member :P

I'm looking forward to seeing when it comes out on the 16th of Feb <_<.

Earlier this week I read the novel AND watched the earlier 1971 adaptation, and then had very little sleep the night before my showing, and it still held my attention every second. It's slow but no scene is longer or shorter than necessary. Scorsese and Schoonmaker :worthy: :worthy:

• Like 1

shame we couldn't get andy garfield in there. finally saw hacksaw ridge today and confirmed what i had expected. awards love for totally the wrong movie. like way off. its like if casey's nominations were for triple 9 or denzel's were for magnificent seven.