WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 40): Hidden Figures 22.8M | Rogue One 22.1M | Sing 20.7M | Underworld 13.7M | La La Land 10.1M | Passengers 8.8M | A Monster Calls 2.1M

Just now, JonathanLB said:

First I've ever heard anyone complain about it, I swear I don't know where you guys get this :P Luke Cage was incredible! A fantastic show all around. Everyone I know loved it. I've heard nothing but praise for Marvel on Netflix.

Of course you would say this.

I was talking to my GM earlier this week about how Hidden Figures would do so much better than underworld, even in our market. He didn't believe me too much (and actually has since challenged me from now on to do my own set of predictions each week and we'll see who's closer). He said he even talked to our booker who considered pushing for it in our market despite its semi limited Canadian release, but I mean come on who's gonna listen to some 17 year old kid who works at your theatre.

He texted me a few minutes ago, his buddy who runs some theatre in Ontario heard about our challenge and said "well the kid's certainly right about Hidden Figures, he might as well become your booker now." Really hope this means that 7.5M estimate is too low. Or maybe that Underworld is really REALLY bombing

• Like 18

Loved the first season of Daredevil. Mostly enjoyed JJ except for a couple of episodes. 

Watching DD season 2 right now. It's ok but not as good as the first season. Found a couple of the episodes to be a bit boring. I find it to be WAY to focused on the Punisher. 

Haven't watched LC yet. 

Great for HF

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I was talking to my GM earlier this week about how Hidden Figures would do so much better than underworld, even in our market. He didn't believe me too much (and actually has since challenged me from now on to do my own set of predictions each week and we'll see who's closer). He said he even talked to our booker who considered pushing for it in our market despite its semi limited Canadian release, but I mean come on who's gonna listen to some 17 year old kid who works at your theatre.

He texted me a few minutes ago, his buddy who runs some theatre in Ontario heard about our challenge and said "well the kid's certainly right about Hidden Figures, he might as well become your booker now." Really hope this means that 7.5M estimate is too low. Or maybe that Underworld is really REALLY bombing

I really think it's too low but there's also a snow storm in many areas. 

JJ had too many sex scenes in the first half of the season

11 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Loved the first season of Daredevil. Mostly enjoyed JJ except for a couple of episodes. 

Watching DD season 2 right now. It's ok but not as good as the first season. Found a couple of the episodes to be a bit boring. I find it to be WAY to focused on the Punisher. 

Haven't watched LC yet. 

Great for HF

You'll wish it went back to being focused on the Punisher soon

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Ask for a raise.

• Like 12

Ok, just finished watching Alice Through the Looking Glass. Is it wrong that I enjoyed it quite a bit? I never liked the first movie and yes, this one has a few eye rolling scenes. But it was fun for the most part. Not a masterpiece by any means, but not bad. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Any bad holds caused by weather will be balanced out next weekend, especially with it being MLK weekend. Some movies could feasibly drop 20% or less.

Yeah, didn't Avatar have a storm too and than the rest is history? 

• Like 1