WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 40): Hidden Figures 22.8M | Rogue One 22.1M | Sing 20.7M | Underworld 13.7M | La La Land 10.1M | Passengers 8.8M | A Monster Calls 2.1M

33 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Ask for a raise.

;)

Honestly, it would just make me feel so good if I could beat my manager at his own job :P not cause I don't like the guy, I love him, but it would prove I know what I'm talking about when it comes to box office. 

Basically what I'm doing (and this is me agreeing to it I'm not being forced to work this or anything) is when we get our bookings in Monday afternoon he will message me what they are before they go online, and I will have to predict how many people will come to each movie for each show all week. So take passengers which is now in 2D all week on one screen. I have to predict how many people will go to the Friday 7:00 show, and the 9:30 show. Then Saturday the 12:30, 3:00, 7:00, 9:30 etc for the rest of the week, for each movie we have. Those numbers are separate but we keep track of them anyways, the only number that matters in our contest is the final attendance. 

We were less than 100 people different when we saw each other's predictions, so I guess I'm on the right track, or we're both just gonna lose badly. Problem with predicting such a small market is if say the rain that's supposed to happen tomorrow turns to snow, that will really hurt business all weekend. If there's a storm up on the mountain, that will help business. I don't like it as much as say Chas's game :P

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

Gotta assume that this is officially the last Underworld.  Fitting that it and RE are ending at the same time, feels like they were bound together some how.

Why do you feel it's the last Underworld?

long range forecast is up

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-logan-shack-leap-fall/

and something for @Telemachos

REVIEW: Tom Hardy & Steven Knight series is very dark, very dense and truly novel & very much worth it

link to deadline

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

long range forecast is up

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-logan-shack-leap-fall/

and something for @Telemachos

REVIEW: Tom Hardy & Steven Knight series is very dark, very dense and truly novel & very much worth it

link to deadline

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Of course you would say this.

God I know right?!

How could I enjoy something with universal praise like Luke Cage? https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/luke_cage/s01/

I wish I could be more countercultural and cool like some of you guys but schucks I guess I'll just have to settle for having normal taste in movies and TV and liking things that are good. Ah well!

• Like 3

Just now, JonathanLB said:

God I know right?!

How could I enjoy something with universal praise like Luke Cage? https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/luke_cage/s01/

I wish I could be more countercultural and cool like some of you guys but schucks I guess I'll just have to settle for having normal taste in movies and TV and liking things that are good. Ah well!

201602_2157_gahad_sm.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RyneOh1040 said:

Gotta assume that this is officially the last Underworld.  Fitting that it and RE are ending at the same time, feels like they were bound together some how.

So what you're saying is it's time for Underworld vs Resident Evil. 

• Like 9

When was the last Underworld?

When will the studios learn? You can't wait too long for a sequel without offering something compelling.

Look at Zoolander 2 and Alice in Wonderland 2.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1