DAJK

Weekend Thread...Friday numbers (Deadline) HF: 6M| BBM: 5M| PD: 4.2| LLL: 3.97 (PG 18) - NOT THE PIRACY THREAD (OR THE POLITICS THREAD)

8 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

$400m domestic?

I think Han can make as much as $500m. 

Then, it's about the next anthology movie. I'm hopeful it's Ben Kenobi instead of Boba Fett. 

Han should be making more than Rogue One.

The next episode has to be at Force Awakens level. 

• Like 1

Sings 4 day projection is ridiculous.

18.1 off of a 2.9 Friday AINT happening! If you give Sing a 4.5 million Monday, which is generous considering Monday night will be a school night, then it's Saturday and Sunday would have to total 12 million.  No chance!

Likewise no way is Moana hitting 10 million for the 4 day.

Just now, Planodisney said:

Right now the floor for any Star Wars film is probably 350, but in 5 years that will be 250, as Disney beats this franchise to death.

You like being wrong a lot dont u?

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Planodisney said:

Sings 4 day projection is ridiculous.

18.1 off of a 2.9 Friday AINT happening! If you give Sing a 4.5 million Monday, which is generous considering Monday night will be a school night, then it's Saturday and Sunday would have to total 12 million.  No chance!

Likewise no way is Moana hitting 10 million for the 4 day.

Frozen did $16m off a 2,5m Friday.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

No way any Star Wars movie does $250m as a floor.  Not a chance.  

$400M should be the absolute, total, filthy bottom for any Star Wars spin-off. Otherwise, total failure. 

For a saga episode, $650M. 

If Sing follows a film like say Big Hero Six and has the same increases....it does 12 for Sat and Sunday. 

Friday 2.9

Sat: 7.4

Sun: 4.9

Monday: 7.0

Deadline is not always right but they don't just pull numbers out of their ass they do you compare it to similar movies.

• Like 1

I don't think the floor for a Star Wars film is currently 250.  Not a chance.  And I'm talking about spinoff films that could have a 250 floor in 5 years.  Again, that's FLOOR.  Implying that the film is not up to par and a low level 2nd tier character.  

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

they get a bit more creative with their tweets the last few days

Ben Affleck's LIVE BY NIGHT was fitted with cement shoes on Friday grossing just $1.9M in its wide debut.

Oh lord, it's not even gonna make in total what Gangster Squad made in its first weekend. Woof.

• Like 3

I didn't want Hidden Figures to win because I hate Empire the tv show, and I'm dissapointed at another MLK weekend that I over predicted my projections with a film about a tragedy would make in business this weekend. La La Land is holding up strong, and is having nice increases. Bye Bye Man is having a better start for a horror film, and with Split coming out Horror 2017 should come off to a decent start. But January 2017 will be considered the weakest January yet. February will outgross January big time, with plenty of hits and some sleeper hits thrown in there.

• Like 2