Impact

Best Picture predictions-2017!

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Prince is wonderful in The Florida Project but she honestly doesn't stand a chance at a nomination in this packed field. What helped Quvenzhane Wallis five years ago was that it was the deadest year for Best Actress possibly ever.

Yep. if anything, they may try to fraud Prince into Supporting. 

8 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Strip will get the nomination. Another undeserved, but who cares.

When did we saw really good movie with Strip? It definitely was a long-long time ago.

I can think of a really great movie with strip...

Spoiler

2ea8d446b0016a2aaebbd77f69742584--magic-

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Streep could've played the Channing Tatum part in Magic Mike and still gotten an Oscar nomination for it. ;)

If Streep would have made (produced and everything) a movie about her personnal experience of when she was a stripper with a big name director like Sodenbergh, yes she would have got an Oscar nomination no doubt.

I think Get Out is winning the whole thing at this point. Started feeling it a couple weeks ago when I posted that and am even more sure now. Three Billboards is losing momentum due to a, uh, dumb sounding character choice. Shape of Water is losing momentum by having lesser reviews at each festival it goes to. And Dunkirk came out months after Get Out but frankly feels like years before. Get Out is the most culturally iconic movie of this year. In 20 years, that is the movie people will be talking about. It's the most obvious choice in that criteria in years. I think it wins it all, at this point. 

yeah i've been feeling that for a while now too. i think the critics awards are gonna split between that movie and call me by your name, those'll be the big two for them. the globe seems pretty easy with it going in comedy. it's probably pulling a spotlight and only winning picture and screenplay though.

• Like 1

Yea, probably only winning those two, but alot of people are still talking about those places being the only spots where it gets nominated. Don't see that - I think Peele for director, editing, and sound (there's some good ass sound mixing and effects in that movie) are all happening too.

Man I sure as hell hope so. He's the heart and soul of the movie. Still my favorite male performance of the year. I would say they'll probably nominate some dumbass Andrew Garfield performance instead but maybe the Academy gets smarter with the new membership, idk. 

For me it comes down to precursors.

Only 2 films since 1995 have won BP without winning at least one of DGA/PGA/SAG. Braveheart and Moonlight.

Right now I don't see Get Out winning any of those 3 precursors or pulling the same weight as either of those two films.

Plus I honestly think Disaster Artist has just as good a chance for Comedy/Musical over it.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

Get Out winning BP?

Yeah I'll believe it when I see it.

It'll be tough for sure. Still, I think there is enough solid support for a nomination for Best Picture. That being said, outside of Script and Editing, I can't really see it being nominated for a whole bunch of awards.