grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Did The Rock say something pro-Trump recently or something?

The MAGA crowd will forget about this completely by the time it comes out but the chances of that crowd going to see this (or any movies in general because they think most of Hollywood is evil but that's another story) in the first place probably wasn't very high to begin with.

Edited by filmlover

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

And I have to think DC is nervous about The Rock's full scale ripping into Trump today.

Gutsy move on  johnson's part since a good part of the action movie fans are MAGA types.

Don't get me wrong, I freaking love what The Rock did, but also know it might have repecussions.

.....:wintf:they are not nervous....The Rock and the movie will be fine...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He actually didn't name Trump at all.  He asked where our leader was.  "Where are you?"  😉

I don't see the problem...especially as this has now morphed into *worldwide* protests! 

Edited by Macleod

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

He actually didn't name Trump at all.  He asked where our leader was.  "Where are you?"  😉

I don't see the problem...especially as this has now morphed into *worldwide* protests! 

You don't know how rabid that MAGA crowd is. Anybody who criticises Dear Leader..even if they don't name him directly...goes on their shit list.

And, let's be honest, a pretty good hunk of the Rock's action film fans are the young over tetosteroed males who wear MAGA hats.

Don't get me wrong, I love what Johnson said. Just concerned it might create afew problems.

Edited by dudalb

51 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You don't know how rabid that MAGA crowd is. Anybody who criticises Dear Leader..even if they don't name him directly...goes on their shit list.

And, let's be honest, a pretty good hunk of the Rock's action film fans are the young over tetosteroed males who wear MAGA hats.

Don't get me wrong, I love what Johnson said. Just concerned it might create afew problems.

Plenty of celebrities have said worse things about Trump. Chris Evans has made plenty of politically charged tweets throughout his career, but that didn’t hurt Marvel. 

• Like 2

I think you're overestimating any problem, @dudalb  Any supporters left of the loss leader are never going to be swayed, anyway, so what's the point?  Plus, I think a lot of counter-response might be exaggerated by the internet.  So much spam and false accounts out there.  Do the work you do, use your talents to the best of your ability, and people will respond as they do.  That's all anyone can do. 

Plus, Johnson has made all the money he could ever need for his family already... if his career really ended, it won't be because of this, and regardless, he would be fine...and probably run for Prez... which he may end up doing, anyway.  😉

By the time this movie is made and emerges in theaters, people will be off to complaining about the next great tragedy.

Edited by Macleod

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

Audience breakdown for most Rock films is actually fairly diverse if Rampage and Skyscraper are to be believed.

Edited by cookie

I don't know how reliable this is, but just to update the thread...

Cast rumors:

• Isis (Nazanin Boniadi)

• Ibac (Navid Negabhan) *negotiation*

• Hawkman (Armie Hammer) 

• Hawkgirl (Eiza Gonzalez)

• Doctor Fate (Oded Fehr)

• Atom (Thomasin McKenzie is the fave  to play him but Eli Goree, Jacob Elordi and Matthew Noszka are all in line).

Edited by belblazer

Also, filming delayed (as I expected).

WB should start moving around release dates as this obviously isn’t going to make it’s date and I doubt WW84 will even release this year. 

Edited by cax16

Seems like most people don’t like the casting online either.

I’ve never seen him anything other then a hot ones chicken wing video on YouTube so I can’t say much either way.

I just went to look at his Instagram and he just seems like a big goofy kid so I’ll wait to judge till I see him in the movie. Not sure how big of a role his character will have. 

Edited by cax16