grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

16 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I’ll just watch the movie Thursday and hopefully enjoy myself. 

This is the main thing, I enjoyed Jungle Cruise (same Director and Star) even though it got middling reviews. 

I'm hopeful I will like Black Adam when I get around to watching it in hopefully a couple of weeks as well. I've seen enough movies that have awesome reviews that I've hated and a bunch with low reviews that I've loved to know that it dissent inform my decision on what to watch.

Also I think DC doesn't see a huge impact from critical response with movies like 2016 Suicide Squad making a bunch of money even with poor reviews, so don't know why everyone seems to be...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Potiki said:

This is the main thing, I enjoyed Jungle Cruise (same Director and Star) even though it got middling reviews. 

I'm hopeful I will like Black Adam when I get around to watching it in hopefully a couple of weeks as well. I've seen enough movies that have awesome reviews that I've hated and a bunch with low reviews that I've loved to know that it dissent inform my decision on what to watch.

Also I think DC doesn't see a huge impact from critical response with movies like 2016 Suicide Squad making a bunch of money even with poor reviews, so don't know why everyone seems to be...

I respect what critics do but I’ve said for a long time now I don’t care about reviews or read them. The only reason I even follow it is to see if it has any impact on the movies box office.

I think these reviews may hurt opening weekend a bit if someone was on the fence but if they have a friend who actually saw it and liked it then maybe they’ll go see it another time. 

I don’t blame anyone for seeing a RT score and deciding to see or skip a movie but that’s not what I do. 

• Like 5