grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Alright I get it, no negative opinions allowed by me. Gotcha.

Don’t play victim lol, lots of people have seen the movie and said it was bad(on here)but they never got a warning. I wonder why?

If you think the movie sucks then just say so.  Don’t paste some lame tweet from Twitter that’s gonna stir stuff up, that’s obviously why @Eric Adamsaid what he said. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Don’t play victim lol, lots of people have seen the movie and said it was bad(on here)but they never got a warning. I wonder why?

If you think the movie sucks then just say so? Don’t paste some lame tweet from Twitter that’s gonna stir stuff up, that’s obviously why @Eric Adamsaid what he said. 

If I had just posted my own opinion the result would have been the exact same. Any time I have any opinion the board doesnt like that opinion suddenly is against the rules. I've even have clubs locked because the mods didn't like them.

Well, not all the mods, certainly one specific mod.

Edited by SpiderByte

On 10/20/2022 at 10:25 PM, LVB said:

I really didn't enjoy this. But I can't stand Dwayne Johnson, so no surprise there.

Then why did you go see it, if you already know that's how you feel?  Hope you didn't pay for it...

On 10/21/2022 at 1:50 PM, OncomingStorm93 said:

1: This film’s success (or lack thereof) would also be attributable to a horrendous script and generic directing. You could replace The Rock as well as his handpicked writer (coming from Rampage) and director (coming from Jungle Cruise) and get a better product altogether that could have more BO potential.

2: Superman being a part of the whole discourse about this film is a shame, and emblematic of my issues with The Rock and his approach to marketing himself.

Agreed on both.  But it was clear for any reasonably intelligent studier of Promotional Rhetoric within the Film Industry that the moment Rock and his producers knew that this movie wasn't going to be received well by Critics, at least, they started bringing up Superman as a (what feels desperate) tease to see the movie...

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Lol wtf was this movie. Complete mismatch of tone from one scene to the other and the script/directing/editing is incredibly lazy.  Pierce was the best part and yet they wasted him. This movie and SS 2016 are very close in quality.

Agree, hyped up for over 10 years with DTRJ in the titular role, yet fails to deliver in nearly every aspect. Pathetic effort from DC/WB or whatever the shit show they are now called. DTRJ paid approx $30m(22.5m base plus millions for social media promotion, producing credits) for this pathetic excuse of a film.

cheap runtime at 2h 4min.

Edited by Halba

On 10/20/2022 at 7:17 AM, filmnerdjamie said:

Funny you say that. Thinking about doing a piece exactly on that.

He thinks he's heir to Arnold's throne. When, in reality, he's Sly. Someone all about the image/package and refused to work with those who will challenge him to the best results.

Arnold had a healthy ego, no doubt. But he was smart enough to know filmmakers like Cameron, Reitman, Verhoeven, even McTiernan made him better, and he took their direction.

No way Johnson would ever work for filmmakers like them without demanding so much control. 

Arnold matched up some all time great films- action movies with great directors, just had the right look and charm for the roles in those era's- classic filmmaking era with original  & creative ideas. That era is mostly gone, however an occasional action movie does remind you/nostalgia e.g. Top gun 2 which is a 2022 film.  They are trying the whole nostalgia thing now - beverly hills cop 4 and lethal weapon 5 come to mind- all time classic movies from the 80s..

Bruce willis is also another who has so many classic movies yet he makes some really bad movies now shows all the original ideas have gone out of hollywood.

The rock is more generic, however i enjoyed him in the fast and jumanji franchises(his best work imo)

Currently dipping a bit further - now only 40% RT so not quite at batman v superman levels.

Edited by Halba

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The OW is estimated to be $67 million. Biggest OW for The Rock as a leading man. 

is it bcos of the decent wom? usually dcm are frontloaded. arent they? this is backloaded! very unlike dc/Marvel movie with 40 rt!