grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

11 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

i don't even know how to react to this but its funny

You know the guy has a point. I felt the same way when the critics dogged on Ice Age 3. Of course I was about 11, but I don't think that matters, does it?

15 hours ago, Eric Adam said:

You know the guy has a point. I felt the same way when the critics dogged on Ice Age 3. Of course I was about 11, but I don't think that matters, does it?

The only movie where Scrat got his nut.

• Like 1

Movie was great, cant understand the negativ critics. Movie follows the common superhero/action movie patterns. Sure it borrows from many other superhero/action movies, but who cares. I´m a big marvel fan boy, but this movie was much better than dr.strange 2, black widow, Thor 4. But yet it has a much lower rating on RT.

Lets be honest, if this was marvel movie it would had a nearly  twice higher rating (60-75%) among professional critics.

8/10

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

This was the most 2006 superhero movie since X-Men The Last Stand... or X-Men Apocalypse. It was so middle of the road. Plenty bad, but nothing offensively so, some decent stuff, unmemorable, and yet fun in the moment...

The kid - while not particularly bad in terms of acting - and the whole "take back our country" thing would probably prevent me from having this on as background noise that occasionally grabs me (which is what I do with most MCU movies). Particularly because, while the ideas for the themes were good, especially with the JSA coming in not unlike a colonial power despite claiming to want to help (and led by a black man in particular), it's never properly developed, and Kahndaq itself feels so small, with two dozen extras. 

It's like a 5.5/10, but at moments feels like a fun 8, at others a terrible 3. And in the end I'd still recommend people watch it (once). I dunno, hard to explain...

Okay, the whole fam saw this tonight...

1st, the bad news - my teen girl hated it - viscerally.

The good news - the rest of us LOVED it!  For me, this rivals The Batman as the best supers movie this year.  Yes, it's not perfect, but it's perfect in its imperfection.  It's everything I wanted out of a Black Adam/Hawkman/Dr Fate movie in Khandaq.  All 3 are like they were lifted out of the comics pages.  I completely understand why this movie box office grew through last weekend.

Anyway, for grades...

Me - A-/B+  

Spouse - B+ 

Oldest daughter - B

Teen daughter - No grade - refused and found it beneath her

Oldest son - A-

Youngest son - B+ (he took off a grade for the ending scene - he didn't like it - he's probably the only person in the world who didn't:)

I haven't felt this psyched by a movie since Top Gun 2 - maybe it was the lower expectations, although that didn't help for Superpets or Thor...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Teen daughter - No grade - refused and found it beneath her

I liked the movie a lot.  I gave it a score of 7.5 out of 10 and more than likely will see it again with the wife this coming weekend (she gave it a 8, mostly because she likes action movies more than me) but I found your teen daughter’s comment “found it beneath her”  both hilarious and amazing at the same time! 😂 Good for her! 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1