grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

1 hour ago, SupermanLego said:

Aquaman 1st trailer has 64m views.....black adams 1st doesn't even 10+m

the black adam concept trailer has 19m views with 500k likes though

Edited by AnDr3s
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

detective pikachu did as good as joker in views and box office wise it did 1/3 as much as joker

Not the same genre....the only point i have is how LOW the views are given it's the first superhero movie of the rock. Expected more tbf...I really had this performing more than TB....not sure now.

They're marketing this really weirdly, I still have no idea what the story is but I feel like I've been told this is coming a lot. A lot of exposure yet very little substance, might be a mistake on WB Marketing team's part. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Wait. you actually believe this will gross > 370m domestic or 770m+ WW. I dont think any of the characters are that well known and while Rock is a star I doubt he can this to mega blockbuster territory. Something lik 150 dom/ 300 OS should be a great benchmark if its received well. 

I think its missing 100 DOM. May be even OS 

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 3

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Trailer sucked but you underestimate the rock.

As long as it's fun enough for the GA

Thinking 400-600M+ depending on reception.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

On YouTube the main WB page and main DC page both released the trailer so between the two it has about 11.5m views and over 500k likes. Not great or anything but about what I was expecting. 

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

You never know. But this looks like a silly action movie from Rock. He is well known Domestic/OS and so I could see this make some money. But if it has Morbius reviews all bets are off. Let us see where things are closer to release. 

That said the club from Maggie has zero chance of happening. no way a black adam movie is beating a Batman movie. I dont even remember seeing this character in JL Animated series and that introduced almost all big bad guy