grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Kinda. He misread the sentence The amount is included in the $86 mil, it's not the entire $86 mil.

Even so - The regular PVOD sales wouldn't come anywhere near $86m - the money HBO is paying for this movie would have be insanely substantial to that $86m

• Like 3

Why is WB being so pathetic with this movie?

I don't remember them desperately trying to prove Birds of Prey or The Sucide Squad made a profit. 

Should have just had Black Adam as the villian in Shazam 2, and THEN given him his own solo movie afterward. Would have done better.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 4

Johnson and his team probably called in favors to convince Zaslav, DeLuca & Abdy, and Gunn & Safran to greenlight a sequel. If that doesn't happen, I guess he'll have more room in his schedule for those Red Notice sequels he owes Netflix.

Edited by Ken

44 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I don't remember them desperately trying to prove Birds of Prey or The Sucide Squad made a profit. 

Should have just had Black Adam as the villian in Shazam 2, and THEN given him his own solo movie afterward. Would have done better.

I think its the Rock rather than WB being like this. Johnson bet huge on this movie and tried his best to turn it into an event like movie with his nonsense about hierarchy and stuff. He not only wanted to become the leading man in DCU but also wield influence within DC (kinda like the power Vin Diesel holds over F&F franchise - Rock likely got the inspiration from Vin). With BA failing to impress critically and financially his dream is beginning to unravel. So he is doing everything he can to put a positive spin on this. 

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

IT'S NOT WB

It's the rock dumb delusional ass and his producers. WB is a historic company with as many flops as any other company, they don't need to do this. Don't get confused.

And the rock thought he did something by telling the guy from Deadline about supposed sequels and spin-offs being talked about (only in his head), and now hours later with the latest news his sequel will never happen. LMAO

Edited by Lighthouse

6 hours ago, Verrows said:

How can the Rock be such a tough, confident guy and reduce himself to stuff like this? Like, I thought this was the kind of thing someone like him wouldn't be caught dead doing.

I haven't cringed that hard in awhile.

I guess this is what happens when you get as larger than life as he has gotten. He literally has to micromanage his brand. I heard that he has a stipulation in his movies where he can't lose a fight or something. I honestly couldn't imagine micromanaging my own brand to this degree. I do not ever want to be that rich and famous.

Ego does terrible things to people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

This might be an odd thing to say on a box office forum, but I think some of these journalists are taking this more seriously than is necessary. 

It's The Rock. The journalists are just working for him.

It's amazing that he thinks this is the right way to go. This is only bringing an embarrassing level of dysfunction to the film. He and the film itself would come out of this looking far better if he kept his head held high and moved forward.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Legion By Night said:

OMG, the embarrassment level just went off the charts :hahaha:

Making an over budgeted minor flop is not the end of the world, but trying so hard to spin it on social media with bulls hit financials is…. Whew lad

Exactly! I'm quite flabbergasted by this whole spectacle. I knew this movie meant a lot to him but I didn't expect this kind of insecurity from he of all people.

• Like 1