WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 29): Split 40M | xXx 20.1M | Hidden Figures 15.7M | Sing 9M | La La Land 8.4M | The Founder 3.4M

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Monster Trucks reminds me of some 1970s wack Disney comedy that would have been profitable with a much lower budget and therefore much lower expectations. Regardless of what is thought we do need non-animated family films that are profitable otherwise as we have seen the last decade the genre is as dead as Rom-Coms.

19 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Jan 20: 40.2M (16M weekdays, 56.2M Total)

Jan 27: 28M (11M weekdays, 94.2M Total)

Feb 3: 21M (8M weekdays, 123.2M Total)

Feb 10: 11.5M (4M weekdays, 138.7M Total)

Feb 17: 7M (2.4M weekdays, 148.1M Total)

Feb 24: 4M (1.5M weekdays, 153.6M Total)

Mar 3: 2M (800k weekdays, 156.4M Total)

Final Total: 160M (3.98x)

Unbreakable and The Village adjusted is the goal IMO. This movie is having insane WOM, and the next two weekends are barren. 

It's not dropping 25% on the Superbowl weekend. 

• Like 2

The soft to poor numbers for all of Patriots Day, The Founder, Silence, Live by Night, A Monster Calls, and 20th Century Women (all of which debuted in limited release on the same weekend) make me hopeful that studios will realize that it's not wise to crowd up the end of the year with Oscar contenders unless they really are Oscar contenders. A movie like 20th Century Women could've become a solid Hello, My Name is Doris type of success in like March or April.

Funnily enough, Hidden Figures also opened on Christmas Day in limited release as well and is looking to make more than all 6 of those movies combined.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The soft to poor numbers for all of Patriots Day, Silence, Live by Night, A Monster Calls, and 20th Century Women (all of which debuted in limited release on the same weekend) make me hopeful that studios will realize that it's not wise to crowd up the end of the year with Oscar contenders unless they really are Oscar contenders. A movie like 20th Century Women could've become a solid Hello, My Name is Doris type of success in like March or April.

Funnily enough, Hidden Figures also opened on Christmas Day in limited release as well and is looking to make more than all 5 of those movies combined.

Maybe if Oscars started to consider all movies and performances and not just the Oscar baits. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hermia said:

Maybe if Oscars started to consider all movies and performances and not just the Oscar baits. 

I mean, I think his point was that most of those movies are Oscar bait and they didn't turn out well.......

• Like 2

Also, disappointing weekend for La La Land. Still on pace for 150 and maybe even 175, but 200 is probably dead now. Amazing for Hidden Figures - probably doing 150+, and could hit 175 if it gets a Best Picture nom, which it should. 

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Also, disappointing weekend for La La Land. Still on pace for 150 and maybe even 175, but 200 is probably dead now. Amazing for Hidden Figures - probably doing 150+, and could hit 175 if it gets a Best Picture nom, which it should. 

Last weekend was obviously the big weekend for it coming off the Golden Globes victory. It's still very much on track for $150M, though Chicago is most likely out of reach now.

• Like 3