WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 29): Split 40M | xXx 20.1M | Hidden Figures 15.7M | Sing 9M | La La Land 8.4M | The Founder 3.4M

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I still stand by my opinion that The Visit is an abomination. If you like it, more power to you, but it was too obnoxious for me.

You have a problem with germs, don't you?

That's probably one of the most quotable movies from 2015 tbh. 

13 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I was alot more entertained by The Visit than Split, tbh. I also like Signs better than the Sixth Sense, so what do I know? Split is a great performance in an average movie. 

Honestly, that one performance took it from an average movie to a really good movie

Edited by robertman2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm talking about quality here, folks.

In that case, I would probably agree based off sheer critical reception. Shyamalan has made a few gems but a lot more films of lesser quality.

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Split had TWO, I repeat, TWO great performances. Anya Taylor-Joy is a revelation; she was great in The Witch last year, and she was great in Split.

You need see her in Morgan. I hope she continues to gain more prominence. A pity that movie to have bombed at box office. It isn't bad to me.

35 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I was alot more entertained by The Visit than Split, tbh. I also like Signs better than the Sixth Sense, so what do I know? Split is a great performance in an average movie. 

I agree with this. Without McAvoy, the whole movie would've likely drowned in its own goofiness.

8 hours ago, TommyA10 said:

Not trying to argue or anything, but would you mind posting your projections for the next several WEs for RO? I don't know how it's easily on track for $540m after a $6.5 million weekend. It would need almost $30m more... I'd say $535m is much more likely.

I just follow the daily percentage of TFA. Run it at 49% of TFA for the remainder of TFA's run and you end up between $540m and $541m. 

• Like 1

I saw Split earlier this evening, I tried to like the movie it was strange but these 2 kids(probably about 12-14 years old or younger and were there by their selves) and they would not shut the fuck up I tried to be cool, but nothing worked and well I'm gonna have to re-watch it again. Thanks Ass May Cum theatres. More money out of my damn pocket.

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I just follow the daily percentage of TFA. Run it at 49% of TFA for the remainder of TFA's run and you end up between $540m and $541m. 

Yeah, but RO's been dropping more and more compared to TFA each and every week since the end of the holidays. It started with 58% of TFA's weeklies and is now down to 49% or even less depending on actuals. With very good next few weekends (something like $4.5m, $3.5m, $2.5m, $1.5, $1m and $2m for the last several WE totals gives it $15 million total for the weekends. Add to that $8 million total from week days and you get to $535m-ish). Would be great to pass $540m, and it still has and outside shot, IMO...