kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

10 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I’m curious. Has Tom Cruise ever been in a film that won the summer and if so how many decades ago.

Mission impossible 2 (2000) won the summer, was #2 domestic and #1 ww that year, hopefully Top Gun (Tom Cruise) can be #2 domestic again

Edit: not sure why I said again

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

IW not only it's a mess but also have an extremelly thin script, and well, it's one of the best SH movies ever made 

I think being messy will always happen with these colossal movies, if it's well done and a delight to watch it nobody will cares 

I actually though DS2 would be totally messy, if it's just a little i think Sam deserves high praise for that alone.

Let's see how it goes, i think reviews will be the usual for these MCU movies, 7.6-7.9 average on RT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

IW not only it's a mess but also have an extremelly thin script, and well, it's one of the best SH movies ever made 

I think being messy will always happen with these colossal movies, if it's well done and a delight to watch it nobody will cares 

I actually though DS2 would be totally messy, if it's just a little i think Sam deserves high praise for that alone.

Let's see how it goes, i think reviews will be the usual for these MCU movies, 7.6-7.9 average on RT

how is IW a mess?

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

how is IW a mess?

It have dozens of plots that doesn't impact each others, a lot of holes on the script, too many chatacters, it keeps jumping from one group to the other. 

It's a delight to watch and i do think the editing is great on balance the whole, but the structure is a mess, and that was highly discussed in reviews back in 2018, despite people loving it so much.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

it's one of the best SH movies ever made 

No

The avengers is the only avengers movie that should even be in the top 10 superhero movies ever made

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 3
  • Knock It Off 2

It's a MCU movie with major reshoots and tons of added cameos..all while filmed during a pandemic. It was bound to be somewhat messy. Most MCU movies have structural issues and major plot contrivances anyway. It's just nature of their business model and a lot of times, those issues can be overlooked. The hope for the movie is that it still moves fun with surprises and the classic Raimi camerawork that visualizes the multiverse in creative ways.

The runtime complaints are hilarious, though. Anyone with basic knowledge of Raimi knows he doesn't like long films (he's said 90 min is perfect runtime). And his 3 longest films are Spider-Man 3 (139 min), For Love of the Game (137 min), and Oz (130 min) which are his most disliked/divisive films (Crimewave doesn't truly count). Spider-Man 2 is only a min longer than this (127-126). The obvious understanding of hiring Raimi is knowing he's going to craft a fun, "short" film

IW has basically a two-act structure and major characters like Cap have zero arc to them (seriously, isolate Evans's scenes and you'll see how little there is to his end of the plot), and those that do have arcs like Thor are cliffnotes versions of what a story with them as the focus would've done. The script is thin, but the overall pacing still makes it work.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

The hope for the movie is that it still moves fun with surprises and the classic Raimi camerawork that visualizes the multiverse in creative ways.

And i do think this is what we're getting. 

I obviously didn't watched the movie yet, but in all videos they dropped what stands to me is the visual inventiveness. It looks vivid, with some amazing camera movements and beautiful strong colors. If the whole movie follows this it will be a win to me already since what is annoying me with MCU recently is exactly the fact that all the movies look the same and they're ugly and basic, something unnaceptable to me from a comic book movie. I know what i'm getting script wise when i watch these movies and i'm fine with that, i have 0 problems watching things for pure fun, but they should at least be good looking with great action, and it's lacking, NWH to me is a frustrating ugly mess.

A visually striking movie with well coreographed action and a fun well paced experience is all that i want from a Marvel movie about a Multiverse, and Sam can do that in 120 minutes, hopefully he will deliver.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I obviously didn't watched the movie yet, but in all videos they dropped what stands to me is the visual inventiveness. It looks vivid, with some amazing camera movements and beautiful strong colors. If the whole movie follows this it will be a win to me already since what is annoying me with MCU recently is exactly the fact that all the movies look the same and they're ugly and basic, something unnaceptable to me from a comic book movie. I know what i'm getting script wise when i watch these movies and i'm fine with that, i have 0 problems watching things for pure fun, but they should at least be good looking with great action, and it's lacking, NWH to me is a frustrating ugly mess.

A visually striking movie with well coreographed action and a fun well paced experience is all that i want from a Marvel movie about a Multiverse, and Sam can do that in 120 minutes, hopefully he will deliver.

I'll take it. Hope you're right.

And I agree how awful NWH looks (and I say that as a fan). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Eternals and Shang chi had excellent direction, beautiful camera movements

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Flopped said:

Messy...so, in other words, like every Marvel movie ever? 

Thats not even close to truth.

Also, i laugh at the "iw was messy" revisionist history. It has almost the exact same reviews as The Batman and fad better audience scores.

Edited by Jeight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Also, i laugh at the "iw was messy" revisionist history. It has almost the exact same reviews as The Batman and fad better audience scores.

Do you, uh… know what “messy” means? Because it very much looks like you do not.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeight said:

How is it revisionist? Why the need to cape and defend Marvel? IW is lower on Metacritic so what's the comparison? You can read many complaints of messiness. Batman has criticisms for being long, etc. 

40 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Typical ViewerAnon post. Watch it get good reviews and he backtracks, "well it was just one person who told me that." He did the same with NWH.

Watch it get good reviews and he... doesn't backtrack at all because he said people had a lot of fun with it lol. The hell are you talking about?

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 4