kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

1 hour ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

you can't rip on Sonic 06 or Unleashed or Black Knight in peace anymore

lol I've never played 06 but people riffing on it has given me no end of joy for nearly 20 years.

To be vaguely on topic....Strange was my favorite in Infinity War, but I never saw the first DS and probably won't see this unless this somehow happens.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-box-office-forecast-downton-abbey-a-new-eras-early-outlook-doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-tracking-continues-to-climb/

Release Date Title 3-Day (FSS) Opening Low/High Range Pinpoint % Chg from Last Week Domestic Total Low/High Range Pinpoint % Chg from Last Week Estimated Location Count Distributor

5/6/2022 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness $190,000,000 – $210,000,000 +6% $450,000,000 – $560,000,000 +11% 4,400 Disney / Marvel Studios
Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

According to that article, it's still got released in UAE the third-richest country in the world. Anw I think Disney will deal with it and release a cut version their for them. By cutting I mean they might erase the pin flag on Chavez's shirt or whatever.

34 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

If Marvel is refusing to cut Chavez' sexuality that bodes well for the movie but not so good for the odds of a China release.

A Marvel movie hasn’t been released in China since FFH. The Chinese government seems to have boycotted the Marvel brand. 

• Like 5
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, YourCake said:

Let's be realistic, it's likely that Disney had no other choice, they just simply couldn't because Chavez is a major character, they did cut some irrelevant gay scenes in Eternal for certain anti-LGBTQ countries.

I'm interested to see if (like with the scene with Phastos at his house) it's because of something that can't be edited around story wise. Chavez' backstory, as frustratingly retconned as it's become in the comics, always involves her having two mom's, so maybe that plus the pin and her being a lesbian made even the idea of cutting it impossible?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MultiverseXXR said:

I don't think any of us expected a China release at this point. 

I thnk it's clear that China is getting more and more restrictive about the films they let into the country.

Dictatorships suck. Something people here often forget.

• Like 7