kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

1 minute ago, Fox20 said:

Btw the spoilerish spot was Marvel Canada screwing it up, the spot is gone from their channel now.

Interesting. Maybe it was meant to be released after the movie and they mucked up. Obviously didn't see it myself but it's a guess.

Will probs still avoid twitter which sucks because how else am I meant to procrastinate from work? Guess NZ reddit will have to be it like it was for 3.5 months last year when I was trying to avoid spoilers during our lockdown. At least I also have eps 4-9 of WV and Doctor Strange to rewatch to keep me somewhat occupied over the next five days before previews. The last days are always the toughest; I'm not tempted to be spoiled at all but it's more likely to happen.

Can't wait to see this in a pretty full theatre though, there were restrictions for NWH so the 100 people there tried to make cheering happen in my IMAX showing but there weren't enough there for it. 😅

22 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Hopefully it's just more PR talk from Raimi about toning down, we'll find out soon enough but the clips aren't making me overly optimistic.

This is a completely different situation. 

Darkmen was his original movie, with his story and script, and the studio demands cuts without even consulting him. 

DS2 is the 80th Marvel movie, he didn't entered on it to make an original movie that he envisioned, just to direct a movie already written with his sensibility but that still needs to be suitable for the whole. 

About this whole discussion, since i'm already here, some can argue this type of production is tricky which i agreed, but they're not toning his vision, like he very well said, making a Marvel movie at this point is about to fit in their vision with your sensibilities as an artist, which honestly it's visible. His visual style is all over the trailers, and people who saw 20 minutes said the movie have his type of pacing, shots, ambiency, action etc.

These posts on twitter once again saying Feige destroy the directors visions is simply absurd in this case, it was true in Edgar's Wright Ant-Man because it was his movie entirely before they kicked him out, but it's not the case here. Raimi actually seems pretty happy with the whole thing, he already said he would like to come back if Feige calls and that he was very respected during the whole process.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fox20 said:

Tv spots are know in full spoiling mode, two characters confirmed in one, so people that don't want to get spoiled avoid them to death.

People are saying this but both the characters who are in the new spots were both on the poster and the other even had a line in the Super Bowl spot.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

People are saying this but both the characters who are in the new spots were both on the poster and the other even had a line in the Super Bowl spot.

No everyone has a microscope watching the posters... 

5 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

Hopefully it's just more PR talk from Raimi about toning down, we'll find out soon enough but the clips aren't making me overly optimistic.

It's a bait tweet, they butchered the video to fit their preference because they want to villainize Marvel/Feige's work style as usual. In the interview with fandango, Raimi said he wants to come back to work for Marvel again after this, If he isn't happy he wouldn't say that.

6 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

This is a completely different situation. 

Darkmen was his original movie, with his story and script, and the studio demands cuts without even consulting him. 

DS2 is the 80th Marvel movie, he didn't entered on it to make an original movie that he envisioned, just to direct a movie already written with his sensibility but that still needs to be suitable for the whole. 

About this whole discussion, since i'm already here, some can argue this type of production is tricky which i agreed, but they're not toning his vision, like he very well said, making a Marvel movie at this point is about to fit in their vision with your sensibilities as an artist, which honestly it's visible. His visual style is all over the trailers, and people who saw 20 minutes said the movie have his type of pacing, shots, ambiency, action etc.

These posts on twitter once again saying Feige destroy the directors visions is simply absurd in this case, it was true in Edgar's Wright Ant-Man because it was his movie entirely before they kicked him out, but it's not the case here. Raimi actually seems pretty happy with the whole thing, he already said he would like to come back if Feige calls and that he was very respected during the whole process.

Except Wright didnt leave because of Feige either. He left cause of the creative committee and their notes. If people did some research, they would know that. Gunn almost quit gotg cauze of them, they wanted to remove the vintage soundtrack from GOTG

Edited by Jeight
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Except Wright didnt leave because of Feige either. He left cause of the creative committee and their notes. If people did some research, they would know that. Gunn almost quit gotg cauze of them, they wanted to remove the vintage soundtrack from GOTG

They were also mad that Bradley Cooper didn't sound like Bradley Cooper.

Edited by Orestes
  • Haha 1

Raimi's pretty capable of adapting to what a story (or in this case franchise) needs.

Just watched a A Simple Plan for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It's directed with such a soft touch and focus on performances you wouldn't even think it's a Raimi film. 

I think the difference is the Marvel sandbox is one where his visual style fits perfectly with big, fun summer blockbuster so hopefully enough of that makes it's way through. 

1 hour ago, Orestes said:

They were also mad that Bradley Cooper didn't sound like Bradley Cooper.

And they didnt want cap to fight iron man in the finale of civil war and they wanted all 3 of them to fight the winter soldiers in the cryo chambers which russos heavily objected.

They also cut a lot of ronans backstory from gotg, they minimised merchandise for female heroes and they changed the main villain of Iron Man 3 from Maya Hansen to Killian cause "female characters dont sell toys".

There is a very detailed history of their hijinks. Feige almost quit in 2015 cause of them.

44 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

The good news of this confirmation is that we won't have the usual "will this be released in China" during months.

Ah, but now we can start speculating about Thor: Love and Thunder's mainland chances! Seriously, though, I don't think MoM would've made that much in China right now even with a release… with the way COVID is tearing through the country now, locking down cities left and right, maybe $75 million at a wildly optimistic extreme? Living in China, I am a bit disappointed that I have no chance of seeing the Avatar: The Way of Water trailer on the big screen (then again, I'm in lockdown in Shanghai, so I'm not seeing anything on the big screen). Indifferent about not seeing Doctor Strange, though, as I'm skeptical about Multiverse of Madness' potential to be a particularly good movie… so much plot, so many characters, so little breathing room.