kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

5 hours ago, cookieleeann said:

I still think this opens around The Batman numbers. Maybe even a tad above it. This could obviously change once presale data comes out

We’ve not actually had a “MCU film” open above 100 million yet since the pandemic so I think this prediction is spot on. 

NWH was “Sony’s Spider-Verse” movies of Spider-Men and villains bringing in three movies worth of fans and hype. 

Edited by VENOM
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This is getting a boost from Dr Strange being in No Way Home. Expecting at least $200m. 

The last Dr Strange opened to $85m and finished on $232m 6 years ago.. You really think cameos and inflation will get close to the last films final run on opening weekend? oh-really.gif

31 minutes ago, VENOM said:

The last Dr Strange opened to $85m and finished on $232m 6 years ago.. You really think cameos and inflation will get close to the last films final run on opening weekend? oh-really.gif

yes-chad-meme.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

The problem is your basing these metrics on the first doctor strange movie when this movie is much more about the multi verse/cameos which everyone is excited about this film will be a huge event unless the rumors about it only being126 minutes are true because that would mean it was heavily edited beyond recognition

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, VENOM said:

We’ve not actually had a “MCU film” open above 100 million yet since the pandemic so I think this prediction is spot on. 

NWH was “Sony’s Spider-Verse” movies of Spider-Men and villains bringing in three movies worth of fans and hype. 

Except that NWH is an MCU film. And, Disney still got 25% of the profits. I guess you can argue it's both an MCU and Spider-Verse movie, but NWH is a true MCU movie with MCU characters from other movies like Doctor Strange and Happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

The problem is your basing these metrics on the first doctor strange movie when this movie is much more about the multi verse/cameos which everyone is excited about this film will be a huge event unless the rumors about it only being126 minutes are true because that would mean it was heavily edited beyond recognition

2 hour movies sometimes work really well. The first two Spider-Mans directed by Raimi also have similar runtimes. And, yes, Doctor Strange 1 came out eons ago before Strange got a boost in IW, EG, NWH and of course the entire multiverse aspect of this movie. And, I guess you can argue Wanda as a draw. 

• Like 4

Right now, I am predicating $225M. I could see lower because outside of NWH, I feel no movie has reached its true pre-pandemic potential. But, also at the same time, Covid seems to be mostly over and this will be the first post-Covid event movie coming out.  

Edited by CloneWars

12 hours ago, VENOM said:

You're saying this for 4 months, just give up

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CloneWars said:

Except that NWH is an MCU film. And, Disney still got 25% of the profits. I guess you can argue it's both an MCU and Spider-Verse movie, but NWH is a true MCU movie with MCU characters from other movies like Doctor Strange and Happy.

NWH is a Sony film. Sony doesn’t release MCU flicks. Just because two Disney characters cameo in Sony’s spider-verse that doesn’t change that just like when Sony let’s Spider-Man cameo in the MCU films like the avengers it doesn’t suddenly make them Sony films.

Edited by VENOM
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2

16 minutes ago, VENOM said:

NWH is Sony film. Sony doesn’t release MCU flicks. Just because two Disney characters cameo in Sony’s spider-verse that doesn’t change that just like when Sony let’s Spider-Man cameo in the MCU films like the avengers it doesn’t suddenly make them Sony films.

It’s an MCU movie that distributed by Sony.

• Like 4