grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2016 Countdown. Reveal complete. Master list in first post.

the apes movies aren't that good, just a duller moodier version of what came before (and yes, i know how much you guys love your dull and moody sci-fi). though i'd concede that dawn is better than battle which its essentially a remake of. and the new one looks like... another remake of battle for the planet of the apes?

Top 15 will probably look something like:

Arrival

La La Land

Zootopia

Rogue One

Hacksaw Ridge

Hell or High Water

Moana

Kubo

Hidden Figures

Wilderpeople

Plus some combination of: 

Silence

Sing Street (*ahem*)

Eye in the Sky

Nice Guys

Finding Dory

Doctor Strange

Manchester
Lion

Fences

Edge of 17

1 minute ago, Eevin said:

Top 15 will probably look something like:

Arrival

La La Land

Zootopia

Rogue One

Hacksaw Ridge

Hell or High Water

Moana

Kubo

Hidden Figures

Wilderpeople

Plus some combination of: 

Silence

Sing Street (*ahem*)

Eye in the Sky

Nice Guys

Finding Dory

Doctor Strange

Manchester
Lion

Fences

Edge of 17

No way Hidden Figures is in at this point. Doubt Moana is in as well

54 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

What is this "FTSBF" that people keep talking about?

33cb7316ba32dc8bf6f40ab73da584fd.png

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

PSA: Reminder to everyone that Google Search results are personalized. :ph34r:

Tried it: my third result is for Scientific American. :lol: What have you been searching for, Tree? :ph34r: 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

No way Hidden Figures is in at this point. Doubt Moana is in as well

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

If only.

I'm afraid not enough people have seen it :sadben:

Edge of 17 was mostly in there for my own personal relief. It's clearly loved by the people that have seen it, but if no one nominated it at the BOFFYs with far fewer submissions no one will probably give it recognition here, with 89 lists.
Hidden Figures is a maybe. It's clearly elicited a visceral response from the people that have seen it, but the deadline might have been too late. People have seen it, though. 

Moana will probably get in. There are a lot of Disney fans here, and it's been embraced by general audiences. Might not make the top 10 though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Edge of 17 was mostly in there for my own personal relief. It's clearly loved by the people that have seen it, but if no one nominated it at the BOFFYs with far fewer submissions no one will probably give it recognition here, with 89 lists.
Hidden Figures is a maybe. It's clearly elicited a visceral response from the people that have seen it, but the deadline might have been too late. People have seen it, though. 

Moana will probably get in. There are a lot of Disney fans here, and it's been embraced by general audiences. Might not make the top 10 though.

Yeah, just two days later into the cycle and Sully and Hidden Figures would have both placed in my top 10 (course then CW wouldn't have been tied since it would have been bounced to like 21 or 22)

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

twin peaks is most anticipated for me.

oh, there are movies coming out this year too? why even bother?

If we're extending to TV shows, then Curb Your Enthusiasm is extremely high up my list.

• Like 1