Poseidon

Weekend Thread 2/24-26 | Sat #s |Get Out: 12.8 (+18%) Lego: 9.4 (+120%) Wick: 4.2 (+70) (Pg 20)

26 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$9.9m on Sunday.  WOW that is incredible.  

Soooooo that puts its OW at little O/U 33.5M.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the 6th biggest OW ever for a Jason Blum produced horror movie (after Paranormal Activity 2 & 3, The Purge, and Split), the biggest February horror OW since the Friday The 13th remake and biggest February original horror OW ever (though none of these apply if you wanna count Shutter Island as horror), and, Split aside, the biggest OW for an original horror movie since The Conjuring all the way back in 2013. Probably ranks high in the biggest directorial debut OW's list as well.

• Like 5

If @EmpireCity or @rth can potentially verify this (not sure why it's not letting me tag) my boss texted me saying that Get Out didn't perform as well in Canada (not too surprised). 1.5M of its weekend was from Canada according to estimates, vs 1.8M of Batman's 19M weekend. I guess our theatre won't get it until the 10th if at all.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

If @EmpireCity or @rth can potentially verify this (not sure why it's not letting me tag) my boss texted me saying that Get Out didn't perform as well in Canada (not too surprised). 1.5M of its weekend was from Canada according to estimates, vs 1.8M of Batman's 19M weekend. I guess our theatre won't get it until the 10th if at all.

@Fifty Shades Rth

He keeps changing his name! :lol:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Horror movies never perform very well in Canada.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Of course they wouldn't, people are too nice there to the point that scary movies are among the biggest problems they have.

People are apparently too nice in Portugal as well going by the number of horror movies that are dumped on VOD here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnick said:

Actuals for  GO, WOW!!!

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
1 new Get Out Universal $33,377,060   2,781 $12,002   $33,377,060 3

R-rated original horror movie opening through Oscar weekend, ladies and gentlemen. Doesn't look like it, I agree.

Btw, Get Out is STILL at 100% on RT, with 140 reviews and an average critics score of 8.3/10. Audience score at 89%. Go figure.

@CJohn Actually we're not too nice, we're just too Goddamn broke nowadays (or at least we used to, before the Marcelo era kicked in), so theater chains decided "ehh fuck it, nobody's gonna pay money to see this... they can't afford it". Sad story about us, everyone.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

R-rated original horror movie opening through Oscar weekend, ladies and gentlemen. Doesn't look like it, I agree.

Btw, Get Out is STILL at 100% on RT, with 140 reviews and an average critics score of 8.3/10. Audience score at 89%. Go figure.

@CJohn Actually we're not too nice, we're just too Goddamn broke nowadays (or at least we used to, before the Marcelo era kicked in), so theater chains decided "ehh fuck it, nobody's gonna pay money to see this... they can't afford it". Sad story about us, everyone.

Meanwhile we are turning The Great Wall into a blockbuster, one month after turning xXx 3 into a blockbuster, and 4 months before we turned Mechanic 2 into one of the biggest surprise hits of 2016. I think we just don't give a fuck about the genre.

12 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

They still haven't had Armond taint the RT score yet.