CJohn

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part | 2/8/2019 | Big Space Musical

7 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

I know but I havent seen that so can't judge so didn't mention it. He also directed Sky High which wasn't terrible tbh 

Sky High is one of the greatest superhero films ever made, so good for him.

• Like 2

Preliminary Box office prediction:

OW: $60M (about the same as Lego Batman, Thinking reviews will be about the same too but it being a sequel and will likely attract more females than Ninjago and Batman, the OW could be bigger)

DOM: $200M

OS: $170M (Don’t expect much OS but should be slightly bigger than Bats)

WW: $370M

• Like 2

This got... bad reactions from you guys? I think it looks cute but to each their own.

Also if Ninjago hadn't completely bombed last year I would say expectations for this would be a bit higher box office wise, but I still think it could do 65/200

• Like 3

I'm not sure.  I mean there's been a butt ton of DTV LEGO superhero movies and it didn't effect LEGO Movie's gross.  I'm not even sure if the majority of people will think about LEGO Batman or Ninjago as being in the same universe as The LEGO Movie.

2 minutes ago, Sal said:

I'm not sure.  I mean there's been a butt ton of DTV LEGO superhero movies and it didn't effect LEGO Movie's gross.  I'm not even sure if the majority of people will think about LEGO Batman or Ninjago as being in the same universe as The LEGO Movie.

True and on top of that Ninjago had a series that was till relevant and was on Netflix.

4 minutes ago, Sal said:

I'm not even sure if the majority of people will think about LEGO Batman or Ninjago as being in the same universe as The LEGO Movie.

Universe? What?

Those are spinoff movies, with identical animation, humour, titles. People know those films come from the same people. Same thing goes for those Star Wars spinoffs, and Fantastic Beasts. We all know they come from the same place.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

Yeah.  I think the Ninjago movie was a misstep since the series is ongoing.  It seems like most of the time putting out a movie for an ongoing series just lowers demand for the movie, especially in this case where there wasn't even a lot of incentive for Ninjago fans to see it since it's basically not in the series continuity.

1 minute ago, Sal said:

Yeah.  I think the Ninjago movie was a misstep since the series is ongoing.  It seems like most of the time putting out a movie for an ongoing series just lowers demand for the movie, especially in this case where there wasn't even a lot of incentive for Ninjago fans to see it since it's basically not in the series continuity.

I'll be curious to see if they have another Lego spin-off in development because Lego Batman proved a spin-off could be successful. 

Only BOT to dislike a trailer like this :wtf:  This trailer was a lot of fun. It feels like a parody of the traditional idea of making sequels darker and grittier than their originals, which I'm totally okay with. Lego Movie was basically a parody of the traditional hero's journey when we think about it (while being a traditional hero's journey on its own, but a smartly self-aware one). Liked it a lot more than the new Wreck-It Ralph 2 trailer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Only BOT to dislike a trailer like this :wtf:  This trailer was a lot of fun. It feels like a parody of the traditional idea of making sequels darker and grittier than their originals, which I'm totally okay with. Lego Movie was basically a parody of the traditional hero's journey when we think about it (while being a traditional hero's journey on its own, but a smartly self-aware one). Liked it a lot more than the new Wreck-It Ralph 2 trailer.

I found it hilarious that Emmett is exactly the same despite the world becoming darker. 

I do hope Lego actually releases Mad Max Lego sets because I think it would sell quite well. I wonder if we'll get new Lego characters in this? It'd be amusing to have Harry Potter and Frodo given we've had Dumbledore, Gandalf, Voldemort and Sauron in previous Lego films.