FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

2 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

that's a serious lowball.

Ehh not really. If you base it off just the matinees then yea sure of course Logan which is rated R is looking at $28M for Friday and hence a "low ball" of $70-72M. Of course this is why I hate when deadline comes out with numbers now but at the same time it's fun to see the meltdowns on here. 

But like another poster said, one can expect $32M for Friday which would put it real equal with Dr. Strange. So Logan is looking at $85-90M for the weekend if I were to guess. 

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Deadline saying 28M Friday early means we can expect final Friday to be between 32-34M IMO.

Yes. Deadline is shit with numbers, can't multiply their way out of a paper bag and evening shows haven't even started yet. It's too early to call anything but 28M is way too low to be a competent estimation. Ditto that 6M GO number. Too low from Thursday, doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, DAJK said:

6M would be a disappointing increase for Get Out not gonna lie. Hope it finishes with 7-8M

Well the movie has already exceeded my expectstions for its domestic run. So it's hard for me to be disappointed. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Based off a strong Thursday night of $9.5M coupled with matinees, 20th Century Fox/Marvel’s Logan is dashing to an estimated $28M Friday and a $70M-72M weekend opening at 4,071 theaters with all the mutant powers of 381 Imax screens and 580 premium large format auditoriums. At 4,071, Logan is the widest release for an R-rated film and ditto for Imax’s count.

Universal/Blumhouse’s Get Out is slotting second with an estimated $6M Friday, and second weekend of $18M, -46%, which is still phenomenal for a horror film as they typically see drops of -60% or steeper. Running total by Sunday will be $67.8M.

Lionsgate/Summit’s The Shack is look very strong for a faith-based movie drawing $5M today, and $15M for the weekend. That’s a higher debut than last year’s Lenten releases Risen ($11.8M opening) and Miracles From Heaven ($14.8M FSS).

Open Road’s Before I Fallwhich premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, is currently estimated to post $1M for Friday and $3M for the weekend.

FUCK THAT THE SHACK NUMBER WILL KILL MY DERBY.

Very good numbers for Logan and The Shack.

Before I Fall is going to land between both of us @CJohn

Way too soon to say how Get Out does today.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

What sort of a sick world do we live in where I agree with CJohn about a movie?

:( 

YOU GAVE LOGAN A 10????????? :ohmygod: 

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Very good numbers for Logan and The Shack.

Before I Fall is going to land between both of us @CJohn

Way too soon to say how Get Out does today.

YOU GAVE LOGAN A 10????????? :ohmygod: 

He agreed that it was the best superhero movie since TDK.

• Like 3