FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

1 hour ago, Rman823 said:

Nice to see one of my favorite CBM characters final movie end on a high note both financially and critically. 

The character and Hugh Jackman more than deserve it. He's given his all to the character since 2000. 

• Like 3

So early Friday numbers coming in within the hour, is it going to happen like

1. Deadline numbers cause about 3 pages of meltdowns

2. Rth or EmpireCity give us a slightly better number and all seems well

3. Rth starts jizzing everywhere as the number climbs higher and higher throughout the evening

4. Some imdB troll still says the numbers are disappointing

• Like 13

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Superheroes talking about anal sex, that s what the world needs.

Let's be creative & risky.

Your idea that R rated just means swearing, blood and sex is amusing. Don't worry though, baby Groot and the merchandise for the character are coming soon. 

Just now, DAJK said:

3. Rth starts jizzing everywhere as the number climbs higher and higher throughout the evening

Spoiler

SOMEWHERE THERE'S A CJOHN MELTDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

What went wrong with Apocalypse is the need to introduce and kill paper thin female relatives of Magneto for the third time coz manpain is greater than focusing more on the teen superheroine who ends up eviscerating the titular character like its no big deal.

But it was the best part, because 'IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT FROM ME, IS THIS WHAT I AM?!' was comedy gold

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mulder said:

This is inaccurate. Fox gets a percentage of merchandise sales from X-Men and Fantastic Four. It's partly why Marvel's trying to get less merchandise of these two franchises.

Thanks for the correction, though yeah if they don't have merch rights beyond getting a certain percentage I could see why they aren't as focused on making family friendly movies like Marvel.

25 minutes ago, DAJK said:

But IMDB boards are no more.

10 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Thanks for the correction, though yeah if they don't have merch rights beyond getting a certain percentage I could see why they aren't as focused on making family friendly movies like Marvel.

It's probably less that they only get a certain percentage and more that Marvel's lack of any effort on the merchandising front for Fox movies means that they de facto don't get merchandising revenue. So it actually works out that since they don't get much of anything from merchandise, they can refocus their movie efforts in directions that don't need or encourage merchandise.

Ironcially, while Marvel's decision may have been in an effort to make the properties unprofitable for Fox so that they'd relinquish the rights, it may have ended up emboldening Fox to just try things out and figure out a different system that works.

We'll have to see if they can apply the lesson elsewhere, such as to the FF. Personally, I don't think R-rated is the way to go, there. Rather they should embrace the roots of the characters and go full on 60s Space Race adventure.

13 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

:apocalypse:I'll still take it over this x-men-the-last-stand-juggernaut-gif.gif

Ugh. Fox has managed to come a long way since this travesty. Well they dipped lower than this with Origins but have been on the upswing since then.

Edited by DealWithIt
  • Like 2

Based off a strong Thursday night of $9.5M coupled with matinees, 20th Century Fox/Marvel’s Logan is dashing to an estimated $28M Friday and a $70M-72M weekend opening at 4,071 theaters with all the mutant powers of 381 Imax screens and 580 premium large format auditoriums. At 4,071, Logan is the widest release for an R-rated film and ditto for Imax’s count.

Universal/Blumhouse’s Get Out is slotting second with an estimated $6M Friday, and second weekend of $18M, -46%, which is still phenomenal for a horror film as they typically see drops of -60% or steeper. Running total by Sunday will be $67.8M.

Lionsgate/Summit’s The Shack is look very strong for a faith-based movie drawing $5M today, and $15M for the weekend. That’s a higher debut than last year’s Lenten releases Risen ($11.8M opening) and Miracles From Heaven ($14.8M FSS).

Open Road’s Before I Fallwhich premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, is currently estimated to post $1M for Friday and $3M for the weekend.

• Like 6