FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

Wow at these numbers. 

It's crazy to think that Apocalypse was supposed to be the target for Logan a week ago. 

And did Get Out just turn in the best second weekend hold for a horror movie of all time? I can't think of any better off the top of my head.

Edited by elcaballero

19 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Wow at these numbers. 

It's crazy to think that Apocalypse was supposed to be the target for Logan a week ago. 

And did Get Out just turn in the best second weekend hold for a horror movie of all time? I can't think of any better off the top of my head.

Sixth Sense first five weekends below...

$26.7M

$25.8M

$23.9M

$20.1M

$22.9M($29.3M) Labor Day

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

GO seems just a bit more impressive since SS still had the benefit of summer.

Hmm. I don't know about that. Consider with inflation Sixth Sense did...

$45.4M

$43.9M

$40.8M

$34.2M

$38.9M($49.8M) Labor Day

...that's fucking insane. I don't care what time of year.

• Like 5

What abou

52 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Wow at these numbers. 

Scream did

$6.3 million

$9 million

$10 million

$7.4 million

$7.3 million

• Like 1

LMAO this grade 9 boy who I wouldn't sell a Logan ticket to on Saturday just tried to fight me at school :lol: 

I didn't hit the kid obviously, I'm honestly such a calm and usually quiet person but I do have a second degree black belt in karate. He's a hockey player so he tries to throw this lazy haymaker at me I'm just like "ya don't fuckin try it" and just take a step back and he misses by like an inch but doesn't have any stability so he's thrown off balance, and so the kid tries to run at me so I just turn to leave and he trips over my leg and goes flying face first into the floor.

The kid is fine obviously. I've never been in a fight and I'm glad I can still say I never have.

• Like 7

I think these are solid numbers for "Logan" mainly because of the "R-rating".   Yes it's the 5th Largest behind "X2, X3, XDOFP and DP" and adjusted it's even lower.  With that said the other X-Men films were PG13 so again you have to judge "Logan" on a different scale.   This film obviously was not meant to be Family Friendly but more of a Hardcore Action film.  "Deadpool" always felt like lighting in the bottle and right timing with a winning product (I think DP2 will do well but don't know if it will match the first film) with it breaking "Reloaded" record (Unadjusted of course).  

Yes this opening is only a smidget higher than "Origins" unadjusted but came in higher than "The Wolverine" and recently "Apocalypse" but you have to look at the Wolverine films as spin-offs of the main films.   My only concern is X-Men films legs seems to be very shaky.   They always start huge and barely hold on.   I think "Logan" can buck the trend with good WOM but I have to see how it holds next week.  "Get Out" is just doing fantastic on every level, very proud of Jordan and how he flipped a low microbudget horror flick to Blockbuster status.   The "Lego" franchise will be printing money for the next decade plus.   They can keep doing these movies for a very long time.   Wonder how "Kong" is going fair next week.    Lastly Congrats to "John Wick 2", very solid performance and will double the original when it's all said and done.   Can't for for Chapter III.

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, elcaballero said:

Wow at these numbers. 

Not to play down GO but the Ring (2002)'s run is also as impressive. It did even increase on the second weekend with the help of adding screen and Halloween holiday. 

Adjusted Gross 

Final adjusted gross 192.1 

It would be amazing if GO could follow this trajectory.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

I think these are solid numbers for "Logan" mainly because of the "R-rating".   Yes it's the 5th Largest behind "X2, X3, XDOFP and DP" and adjusted it's even lower.  With that said the other X-Men films were PG13 so again you have to judge "Logan" on a different scale.   This film obviously was not meant to be Family Friendly but more of a Hardcore Action film.  "Deadpool" always felt like lighting in the bottle and right timing with a winning product (I think DP2 will do well but don't know if it will match the first film) with it breaking "Reloaded" record (Unadjusted of course).  

No offence but even unadjusted DP OW (132.43) is bigger than adjusted Reloaded OW (131.65).

I do agree that DP2 will be huge but doubtful if it will match the first.

4 minutes ago, boxofficeth said:

Not to play down GO but the Ring (2002)'s run is also as impressive. It did even increase on the second weekend with the help of adding screen and Halloween holiday. 

Adjusted Gross 

Final adjusted gross 192.1 

It would be amazing if GO could follow this trajectory.

MV5BMTY5ODAzNzg5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTkw