chasmmi

The Summer Game 2017 | Beans have been counted, sprouts measured, zombies destroyed, and Tele relegated to... oh wait better not... | Let the Pre-Season Reveals begin ...

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just saw that you're predicting The Mummy to hit 200M. Good man :) 

I am seeing Cars 3 and Transformers 5 doing way worse than the average, leaving enough room in June for Wonder Woman and The Mummy to leg it out through Independence Day. If The Mummy sucks, then I can see it ending below 120M.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

I am seeing Cars 3 and Transformers 5 doing way worse than the average, leaving enough room in June for Wonder Woman and The Mummy to leg it out through Independence Day. If The Mummy sucks, then I can see it ending below 120M.

Agreed, though I think if Mummy sucks it'll stall around 140-150M. Those two (Mummy in particular because WW will be more frontloaded) have no live action blockbuster competition until Spider-Man. Transformers is only targeting the fans and just has a "been there, done that" vibe.

My issue with Pirates is that Outside of MI and War of the Worlds Cruise isn't a 125m+ guy. Now that is 6 films yes (3 in the past 12 years) but while he picks good projects in general they are not "Big." Mummy may be the exception, but I can't really see it going much higher than 150m, and thats if both Pirates and WW only due the minimum.

Still not happy about having Snatched at number 15.

But Detroit is run by a small and untested studio, there's nothing to base a Dark Tower prediction on, it's hard to see Annabelle: Creation even matching the first, All Eyez on Me isn't on the radar at all like Straight Outta Compton was, Rough Night, Baby Driverand Girls Trip are even riskier than Snatched, I still have faith that the GA will reject The Emoji Movie (and metrics are backing it up currently) and Valerian and King Arthur both look like bombs in the making.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Fate of the Robertman2 said:

So I just make a top 15 and what I think they'll make, correct?

Fill out the template in the first post here:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/23603-summer-game-preseason-prediction-thread-please-post-your-predictions-here/

There are also weekly questions and occasionally "Spur of the Moment" questions (SOTMs), and you should to check the Summer Game forum for those threads (week 1 questions and the first SOTM are there as well). But your preseason predictions and answers are worth far more points than the weeklies and SOTMs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Fill out the template in the first post here:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/23603-summer-game-preseason-prediction-thread-please-post-your-predictions-here/

There are also weekly questions and occasionally "Spur of the Moment" questions (SOTMs), and you should to check the Summer Game forum for those threads (week 1 questions and the first SOTM are there as well). But your preseason predictions and answers are worth far more points than the weeklies and SOTMs.

Okay. Thanks. What are the points for?

When will week 0 B scored? I know that if we change our top 15 now we don't qualify for a week 0 but maybe if I do crappy enough on weeks 0 it won't matter if I change my top 15 LOL

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Fate of the Robertman2 said:

Okay. Thanks. What are the points for?

You get points for accuracy -- both in terms of picking your top 15 but also for the grosses you predict. Most points at the end of the game wins. 

The weekly questions are related to whatever's opening that weekend, with some Qs about holdovers as well. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I'd also like to change my GOTG WW predict to below 1b, and under Pirates and Transformers, but don't want to screw with my week 0 for something uncertain.

Im thinking a WW top 5 looks like this

1.DM3

2.Pirates

3.Transformers

4.GOTG2

5.WW

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Yeah, I'd also like to change my GOTG WW predict to below 1b, and under Pirates and Transformers, but don't want to screw with my week 0 for something uncertain.

Im thinking a WW top 5 looks like this

1.DM3

2.Pirates

3.Transformers

4.GOTG2

5.WW

Quite similar to mine - I dont think we have any 1B films this summer, but I also think we get at least 4 over 850m

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Quite similar to mine - I dont think we have any 1B films this summer, but I also think we get at least 4 over 850m

On the contrary I see DM3 over 1b, anencephaly a strong chance for Transformers and Pirates over 1b.

I was previously thinking GOTG2 over 1b, but the international numbers aren't looking good enough to push it over.

• Like 1