chasmmi

The Summer Game 2017 | Beans have been counted, sprouts measured, zombies destroyed, and Tele relegated to... oh wait better not... | Let the Pre-Season Reveals begin ...

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

It looks like two hours of ownage. But it looks like people don't know what's good for them. (Then again I'm not sure why none of the marketing so far has mentioned that it's from the John Wick dudes. Surely that would have added to the buzz a little).

I don't really see how it would catch on with the GA in summer. (I don't think JW would've had its same success in the summer, and even that didn't make enough to get into a hypothetical summer game.)

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

It looks like two hours of ownage. But it looks like people don't know what's good for them. (Then again I'm not sure why none of the marketing so far has mentioned that it's from the John Wick dudes. Surely that would have added to the buzz a little).

If a knew that I forgot, the guy is also doing Deadpool 2 is credential should definitely be used marketing wise.

The release is still far away thought.

Edited by Barnack

In extremely, extremely early Game projections, @Manchester by the Tree @franfar @The Dark Alfred @grim22 @Spaghetti of 1000 Planetsall looking solid for their GOTG2 OW predicts. If it performs a bit better than I expect, a few more people come into play.

Making even more absurdly early domestic total projections, @Chewy could be the one who snakes us all again (shades of ULTRON). @bcf26 is right there as well. @grim22, @franfar, @Spaghetti of 1000 Planets and myself looking good as well.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Anyone who had Transformers in their OW predicts is screwed now that it's a 5 day opening.

Eh, I still think it'll come in near the bottom. But obviously it fucks a lot of people generally.

You're fine there. Except you picked THE MUMMY to have a 130m OW, so maybe you're fucked in a different way. :ph34r: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tele Came Back said:

Eh, I still think it'll come in near the bottom. But obviously it fucks a lot of people generally.

You're fine there. Except you picked THE MUMMY to have a 130m OW, so maybe you're fucked in a different way. :ph34r: 

I've had it at 70M for a while now; @The Panda fix that shit :lol: (Or maybe Tele just hasn't looked)

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
55 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

In extremely, extremely early Game projections, @Manchester by the Tree @franfar @The Dark Alfred @grim22 @Spaghetti of 1000 Planetsall looking solid for their GOTG2 OW predicts. If it performs a bit better than I expect, a few more people come into play.

Making even more absurdly early domestic total projections, @Chewy could be the one who snakes us all again (shades of ULTRON). @bcf26 is right there as well. @grim22, @franfar, @Spaghetti of 1000 Planets and myself looking good as well.

I knew it. I'm doing terrible. Gonna lose so badly. GG everyone. GG.

• Like 2

This is the genius of the Summer Game (and Winter Game). It's a ton of work to get all your predictions done and stuff, and it's a fair amount of work to do all the weeklies and so forth. But damn, it is so much fun all through the summer and every weekend brings another round of crazy rollercoaster reactions. It really makes every weekend until September incredibly enjoyable and enthralling, even when there's no movies you're actually interested in coming out.

@baumer @chasmmi

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tele Came Back said:

I kept saying, Iron Man 2. Y'all wouldn't listen :sparta:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tele Came Back said:

This is the genius of the Summer Game (and Winter Game). It's a ton of work to get all your predictions done and stuff, and it's a fair amount of work to do all the weeklies and so forth. But damn, it is so much fun all through the summer and every weekend brings another round of crazy rollercoaster reactions. It really makes every weekend until September incredibly enjoyable and enthralling, even when there's no movies you're actually interested in coming out.

@baumer @chasmmi

I only regret that I have but one Like to give this post.

And, since no one else has done it yet...

7f33d093b8f483242613e15e456fe37de9269948

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 3