franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

19 hours ago, thajdikt said:

A trailer like this is in my opinion what´s lacking from the Vol 3 marketing. This shit made me pumped to watch Vol 2. Hope they release a TV spot that has something like this.

15 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

And spots like this-

I feel like all the Marvel movies were marketed better back then. Obviously I don't know who is running the marketing dept but it feels like theres been some change from 2012-2019 to 2021-now. The movies aren't nearly as marketed as well now I feel and the biggest worrying sign for me was when they waited so long to start marketing Thor 4.

32 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I feel like all the Marvel movies were marketed better back then. Obviously I don't know who is running the marketing dept but it feels like theres been some change from 2012-2019 to 2021-now. The movies aren't nearly as marketed as well now I feel and the biggest worrying sign for me was when they waited so long to start marketing Thor 4.

Anti-spoiler culture killed Marvel marketing; the pressure to keep plot points and the most hype scenes hidden means there's less and less exciting things they can put in the trailers. Of course the fact that the new movies have less exciting things to put out doesn't help either.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scytheavatar said:

Anti-spoiler culture killed Marvel marketing; the pressure to keep plot points and the most hype scenes hidden means there's less and less exciting things they can put in the trailers. Of course the fact that the new movies have less exciting things to put out doesn't help either.

Yeah there used to be a MONEY SHOT in the trailers. They don't put a big scene in to hook you into going anymore. Remember "I''m bringing the party to you"? Or the shots of Iron Man's house being blown to hell in Iron Man 3?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

now everything was better in the pre endgame. I get it is the new narrative

Edited by fabiopazzo2

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Yeah there used to be a MONEY SHOT in the trailers. They don't put a big scene in to hook you into going anymore. Remember "I''m bringing the party to you"? Or the shots of Iron Man's house being blown to hell in Iron Man 3?

Hmm. They showed zombie Strange and a few other big giveaways in the Doctor Strange 2 marketing. I'm not sure I agree with this...

• Like 4

All I can say about that Voiceover/Radio Comms trailer is that ANYONE who moaned about The Marvels being "cringe" or looking "goofy" or "MCU-Humour" who doesn't respond the same to that is being very selective in what they choose to find funny and what they choose to be antagonistic towards.

I'm sure it's selective and has been chosen because it's a self-contained joke but boy that doesn't represent the film well at all, and especially not at a time when people are sensitive to the overuse of both humour and green screens.

But then it doesn't have Brie Larson, and instead might have people they like in so maybe certain demographics will suddenly find mediocre jokes funny again. 

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose

4 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

All I can say about that Voiceover/Radio Comms trailer is that ANYONE who moaned about The Marvels being "cringe" or looking "goofy" or "MCU-Humour" who doesn't respond the same to that is being very selective in what they choose to find funny and what they choose to be antagonistic towards.

I'm sure it's selective and has been chosen because it's a self-contained joke but boy that doesn't represent the film well at all, and especially not at a time when people are sensitive to the overuse of both humour and green screens.

But then it doesn't have Brie Larson, and instead might have people they like in so maybe certain demographics will suddenly find mediocre jokes funny again. 

I agree - I hadn't watched that teaser, but it's awful, and not funny...at all.

It might have been better to not put that teaser out for GOTG3...

Disney, not having a good year on its MCU advertising work...

40 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

The Guardians clip was great and most people have responded well to it online. Most (not everyone) people also responded positive to The Marvels trailer expect for that specific crowd that will hate anything related to Brie Larson.

lets see if the so called positive reaction causes it to open above 100m which it could potentially miss it seems. Reaction to these things seem more "tired" than anything else

Edited by John Marston

23 minutes ago, John Marston said:

yeah this movie looks weird. I don't know if it has to do with COVID filming or the cinematographer. 

It’s the same DP as Guardians 2 so it’s not that. Lots of movies and shows made during COVID still came out looking great so I don’t think that’s it either.

41 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

110k likes ... yeah even twitter which hates everything seems to be enjoying it 

From my experience, a lot of the Film Twitter types who go on about how much Marvel movies suck seem to make an exception when it comes to James Gunn. I guess they believe his films have more heart to them. 

That’s not to say that Gunn doesn’t have vocal detractors on Twitter, but they tend to be the Snyderverse people who are mad about Henry Cavill. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

From my experience, a lot of the Film Twitter types who go on about how much Marvel movies suck seem to make an exception when it comes to James Gunn. I guess they believe his films have more heart to them. 

That’s not to say that Gunn doesn’t have vocal detractors on Twitter, but they tend to be the Snyderverse people who are mad about Henry Cavill. 

Funny because the Pac-Man scene from Vol.2 and the dance-off from the first were hated on back when they released.