franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

Just got back from seeing it. 

Panic over, the movie delivers.  Exhausting but very satisfying and hardcore sci-fi fans are well taken care of. 

It is massive in scope too. I was stunned at how big it feels. We’ve come a long way in nine years with this franchise. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh wow. 

This was surprisingly excellent. Pulls on the heartstrings (I shed a few tears), but so feel-good as well. The CGI is great and the jokes actually land. There’s a sequence in the last act that delivered something Marvel haven’t been able to recapture since Avengers 1. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

GOTG3 paying for the sins of Phase 4.

What the MCU needs much more than a massive box office hit that audiences are kind of meh on is to release some great films. Much more important that audiences love this -- and hopefully the start of a string of films that connect with audiences -- whenever and however they end up seeing it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

GOTG3 paying for the sins of Phase 4.

What the MCU needs much more than a massive box office hit that audiences are kind of meh on is to release some great films. Much more important that audiences love this -- and hopefully the start of a string of films that connect with audiences -- whenever and however they end up seeing it.

I feel like the negativity around Phase 4 is both warranted and unwarranted. 

Warranted because no previous phase has had a movie as bad as Love & Thunder or with legs as poor as Quantumania. 

Unwarranted because Phase 4 still had Shang Chi and No Way Home, runaway hits that were very well received. 

But if Guardians grosses less than the second movie this weekend, it can't be denied...the shine is somewhat diminished for general audiences. 

Man the reactions I’ve read from folks here and a few people I follow online have me so excited for this. I’m such a huge Gunn fan from the guardians movies, TSS and Peacemaker may be tied with the first guardians for his best comic book stuff for me. This also has me so excited for his Superman movie. 

Good reception is what’s needed most right now for the mcu and comic book movies in general. I’m not interested in spiderverse but I’m sure that’s gonna be great as well which is good and if flash can get good reception as well that will only mean good things for all the companies making these movies going forward. 

• Like 2

Oh man this movie is AMAZING. My brother and I had a blast, it’s funny, it’s sad, it’s everything that made the old MCU and especially GOTG so good. Y really really hope wom acts quickly bc it deserves 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

1 hour ago, Bordlove said:

It's crazy that the worst action scene from this movie is far better than the best action scene from Thor: Love and Thunder. 

The difference between a director that actually cares about the movie they're making vs a director that is just using the movie as an excuse to vacation and party.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1