franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

I'm settling in to watch Vol. 2, which I haven't seen since the theater. Thought it was disappointing at the time, but the entire rest of this cinematic universe has made me remember it more and more fondly over the years. Really looking forward to Vol. 3 (catching it on monday), everything I've heard seems like right up my alley.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Well, if we go by the movies, yes of course. But I still think Marvel has big and amazing plans for Kang. It's just that with all this Jonathan Majors mess, and the possibility of him being recast, the momentum can been very much affected.

I think we talk Only about Antman vs Gotg3

Huh, that was amazing. I haven't felt this way about a Marvel movie since No Way Home. Really liked Wakanda Forever, but I liked this way more. 

I can't wait to see what James Gunn does with Superman. 

• Like 6
  • Heart 1

2 hours ago, JWR said:

Huh, that was amazing. I haven't felt this way about a Marvel movie since No Way Home. Really liked Wakanda Forever, but I liked this way more. 

I can't wait to see what James Gunn does with Superman. 

I think this kind of overwhelming positive reception automatically increases peoples hype for Superman (at least to more hardcore superhero fans). This is a huge win for both Marvel and DC IMO.

• Like 1

China 

In Maoyan, there are 25 certificated reviews ~ similar to RT Critics in North America. All of them have ratings 8-9-10 except one who gave 3 star

P/N Ratio - 3278 / 54

Douban - 8.6 (36K ratings)

— Better than 94% of Sci-fi movies

— Better than 92% of action movies 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Dammit that movie was good. Everybody got their chance to shine in this one. I also liked how they handled Gamora, as I feel it was probably tricky for Gunn to work her into this movie that didn't feel cheap or unearned. Best MCU film since Endgame imo.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

I'm settling in to watch Vol. 2, which I haven't seen since the theater. Thought it was disappointing at the time, but the entire rest of this cinematic universe has made me remember it more and more fondly over the years. Really looking forward to Vol. 3 (catching it on monday), everything I've heard seems like right up my alley.

I've been doing a GOTG rewatch marathon this week and I enjoyed Vol. 2 for the most part but Ego's heel turn felt kinda rushed. I've been hearing Vol. 3 is better though so that's good to hear. I have my ticket for Sunday and looking forward to it because the Guardians are so much fun to watch.

Gunn has a trilogy now with all movies getting A CS or higher. Pretty impressive. Not many other franchises has that. Spider-Man MCU has it, Iron Man has it, the Avengers movies has it + Nolan trilogy  but other than that I can´t on the top of my head remember which other franchises/movie series has it.

9 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Gunn has a trilogy now with all movies getting A CS or higher. Pretty impressive. Not many other franchises has that. Spider-Man MCU has it, Iron Man has it, the Avengers movies has it + Nolan trilogy  but other than that I can´t on the top of my head remember which other franchises/movie series has it.

This cynical thread title seems pretty arbitrary at this point

• Like 5