Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

7 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Which makes their prediction even less valid. They're expecting it to play like any other family film in March.

If you read the article you would know that they use 2D percentage to predict.

Beauty and the Beast is different pulling in attendees who don’t always frequent the movies. How do we know this? Essentially, when there’s a majority of 2D business, and in Beauty‘s case that’s at least 60%.  Those who don’t attend the movies frequently will always go for 2D pricing, while the die-hards opt for Imax, PLF or 3D

DHD projections are ridiculous. With 26% of schools and 39% of colleges out, saturday increase will be muted. if true friday is sub 50m, 60m is highest possible saturday and that itself is a stretch. This will play like  fan driven movie to an extent limiting saturday increase. But almost everything offlate increase big on saturday(15%) and so Beast will also behave the same.

Just now, ACSlater said:

Hope so...I own so many Disney shares that I crap my pants when they have a bad opening...

Doesnt ESPN's downfall cause a problem for their shareholders?  I'm not entirely positive about this because I don't follow stock prices regularly.

1 minute ago, Beauty and The Panda said:

Doesnt ESPN's downfall cause a problem for their shareholders?  I'm not entirely positive about this because I don't follow stock prices regularly.

ESPN Operating margins are ridiculous and we are on their backs to reduce it...frankly they need to fire close to ~40-70% of their talent and they wouldn't skip a beat...

I am not happy about Rex Ryan hire unless they can give me double benefits...

• Like 3

Just got home from seeing it. It was good! Nothing extraordinary but obviously the nostalgia and feels were there and the cast and musical sequences were great.

Also, my theatre wasn't even this packed for ROGUE ONE. When I say theatre I mean my screening as well as the entire complex itself. Y'know, shoulder to shoulder, one hour in line to get your popcorn, that sort of thing. The place was bustling. So there's my bit of anecdotal evidence for an insane OW.

• Like 3

Just now, Beauty and The Panda said:

Disney profit was a bit ESPN and else for a while, individual movie are not usually that relevant, the stock was loosing ground during Force Awaken theatrical record breaking run for example.

In 2016, all the studio (tv + movies) operating income was of  2,703 billion, that is a giant for a movie studio even Disney, 37% more than 2015, but still "just" 17% of Disney operating income and a movie making 120 instead of 175 million in profit will not impact that 15,721 million gross profit line that much.

• Like 4