Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The entire second half of April is gonna be deadly. Although I guess Unforgettable could do No Good Deed numbers if they ramp up the marketing.

It usually is 

Just now, Jayhawk said:

"There must be a God, nothing else could create something so perfect."

I literally saw a man starting dancing in jubilation at the end of Fast Five in theaters.

That's the power of family.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Nova said:

Some of you guys are talking about the Lion King and The Little Mermaid in terms of live action Disney remakes. 

Im betting all my money on Frozen being the biggest of them all. That's when they inevitably announce a live action remake of it. 

Queen Elsa for the win elsa_frozen_810_500_55_s_c1.jpg

This one is coming in about 10 years.

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

C'mon man, Universal saw that they had a good movie and that Thor was a relatively weak Summer opener. It was genius scheduling tbh. 

they should have moved it up one week to Good Friday and Fast Five could have done even better

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Because it stats Tom Hanks and Emma Watson

Doesn't matter. I'm not sure a character study about the effects of social media and massive google like companies have on daily lives is going to enthral the ga. It's not a movie meant for wide release. 

1 hour ago, baumer said:

More like INCREDIBLE

Why INCREDIBLE?

Not to me, unlike most on BOT I was expecting Kong to do well. The estimates were obviously lowballing as well. King Kong will always be a serious draw. 

13 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

They might possibly get that, but I think it will be closer to what they were able to get for The Edge of Seventeen.  

I like STX, but man they pick some shitty release dates.  

I'm still pissed that bombed :sadben: 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

The Lion King is going to be even bigger than this. And yet we will still have doubters that it will be enormous even though this is going to be one of the 10 highest grossers of all-time.

We re pointing out that Lion King poses artistic challenges that no other live action remake posed before it.

It s not like these movies don't require artistry and they are succesful just because.

Lion King has no precedent, it s not a live action remake, it s classic animation re-done with modern CGI.

Disney knows thanx to JLB that technology allows to do a beautiful looking film using talking animals.

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel like Power Rangers is destined to underperform now in the wake of BATB along with Logan and Kong making a huge dent. Are there any actual 90s kids that were clamoring for this to begin with? The new generation probably doesn't care either.

5 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

I would love a properly done Power Rangers film. But not one where they couldn't even get Rita's look correct and features Elizabeth Banks knowingly chewing every stitch of scenery from start to end.

I'm a huge Power Rangers fan, and I'm pessimistic about this film, partly because of Saban Brands' obsession with marketing Mighty Morphin Power Rangers over all other Power Rangers seasons, especially Disney's (Wild Force to RPM), since they got it back in 2010.  And speaking of Disney, the Los Angeles Times had a new article about Haim Saban today, and in an ironic twist, says he is concerned about Beauty and the Beast's effect on Power Rangers.  The only reason Haim Saban has the Power Rangers back in the first place, is because Bob Iger and the rest of Disney agreed to sell it.  If Bob Iger thought there was any way Disney could make Power Rangers work, it never would have left the House of Mouse in 2010.

Good Friday is super duper late feeling this year. Also, Passover is late af this year too @Jayhawk @4815162342. My family goes big as hell for Christmas and doesn't care about Hannukah but then really loves Passover and is ehhhhhh on Easter (though now that I have nieces that believe in the Bunny it matters again) so maybe I'm just off on what the dates usually are.

Also, sorry for spoiling the thing about the Easter Bunny @That One Guy @WrathOfHan @Ethan Hunt

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Harley said:

Doesn't matter. I'm not sure a character study about the effects of social media and massive google like companies have on daily lives is going to enthral the ga. It's not a movie meant for wide release. 

I'm not saying you're wrong but I'm sure that's what going through the studios head