Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Beauty and the Beast got a standing ovation at my theater. Real crowd-pleaser. I honestly loved it as well. Still place it behind Cinderella as my favorite of the live action films, but that's really good!

Lots of kids at the Theaters. I was surprised how many there was. 

• Like 3

Let's be realistic.  BaTB had 16 million in previews.  So if it does about 48-50 for the Friday without the preview number, sure it could go up from that number, but not the full Friday.  So if the Friday number is 62, the true number is 46.  Add 20% to that and you have 55 mill.  That's about the best case scenario,

• Like 1

King Arthur is probably gonna do well enough that we can't call it an outright disaster (like Tarzan last year) because the WB marketing team will pull a rabbit out of their ass or something and get a 40M OW for it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

From the looks of it, very VFX heavy with top VFX houses working on the movie,  the scale, I 'd say 150-180m ...

I may be wrong but Warner is usually a big spender with their effects movies.

It is their Tarzan of 2017 IMO, a very old brand with lots of modern VFX imagery.

A Tarzan-like result domestically would be pretty fine for it to be honest as I think it does more than Tarzan OS.

3 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Beauty and the Beast got a standing ovation at my theater. Real crowd-pleaser. I honestly loved it as well. Still place it behind Cinderella as my favorite of the live action films, but that's really good!

Lots of kids at the Theaters. I was surprised how many there was. 

Same situation at my theatre.

PS: I prefer BATB over Cinderella (even I loved the 2015 remake)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

A Tarzan-like result domestically would be pretty fine for it to be honest as I think it does more than Tarzan OS.

Probably will be difficult for a Tarzan run, I imagine Pirates, Alien and WB's own Wonder Woman will cut its legs, it might get to $100m domestic 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I heard a wild rumor that Warner Bros. had to pay to basically shoot King Arthur twice.  

Well, I think it was the trades, movie had massive re-shoots it seems so if true, budget could be north of 200m ...