Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

lots of izombie gifs next weekend. i just found out recently my girl used to be the yellow ranger.

CYkT_deUMAARbcX.jpg

omg lol

How many power rangers actors have real careers? like 3? I know someone knows

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

omg lol

How many power rangers actors have real careers? like 3? I know someone knows

I looked it up just now and the article I clicked calls Bryan Cranston a girl.

e9BYi5I.png

• Like 3

Since I've been working all day, I haven't really had time to sit at my PC and respond to some of what has been said today,  So forgive me if my rant here is old news.  But it's my first chance to rant.

The reason why Emma Watson is helping this movie is because she is perfect casting for it.  Her name is absolutely helping to get butts in the seats.  I don't think Emma Stone or any number of other good actresses would fit this role in the same way Watson does.  She's also good for international exposure as Potter is monstrous all across the globe.  Without going into the UK box office thread, my guess is BaTB did huge business over there.  Now, the argument that this doesn't make her a draw is rather silly.  I think Watson, just like most actresses, is a draw in the right role.  And it's been like that for 40 years, maybe longer.  Take Clint Eastwood in his bankable days.  You put him in a western or a Dirty Harry movie and he sells.  But if you removed him from that kind of film and put him in a romantic comedy with Bernadette Peters, no one really cares.  When Katherine Heigl had her 15 minutes of fame on teh big screen, she too was a draw in certain types of films....romantic comedies.  Then she did One For the Money and no one cared.  The point is you can do this with many different actors.  Emma's not going to be a draw in a film like The Circle, but put her in a film like Beauty and the Beast and she absolutely helps to sell it.  

As for the film itself, I didn't care for it all that much but I loved her performance in it and I was blown away with McGregor.  I might even seen the film again because when I saw it the first time, there kids crying, babies screeching every once in a while and kids leaving to go to the bathroom every 90 seconds.  But even if I don't care for it, that doesn't mean much.  People are loving this film and it is clearly back loaded.  A 52 million Sunday is absolutely bat-shit fucking bonkers. This might have the 4th biggest Sunday ever.  And this means WOM is going to carry it past a 3X for sure.  Only the Age of Ultron (out of the top 5 Sundays in history) did not have a 3X.  So it looks to probably get past TDK and maybe shoot for 550 million.  Incredible.  

I'll get the rest later.....time to chat with @TelemAAchos now

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

Since I've been working all day, I haven't really had time to sit at my PC and respond to some of what has been said today,  So forgive me if my rant here is old news.  But it's my first chance to rant.

The reason why Emma Watson is helping this movie is because she is perfect casting for it.  Her name is absolutely helping to get butts in the seats.  I don't think Emma Stone or any number of other good actresses would fit this role in the same way Watson does.  She's also good for international exposure as Potter is monstrous all across the globe.  Without going into the UK box office thread, my guess is BaTB did huge business over there.  Now, the argument that this doesn't make her a draw is rather silly.  I think Watson, just like most actresses, is a draw in the right role.  And it's been like that for 40 years, maybe longer.  Take Clint Eastwood in his bankable days.  You put him in a western or a Dirty Harry movie and he sells.  But if you removed him from that kind of film and put him in a romantic comedy with Bernadette Peters, no one really cares.  When Katherine Heigl had her 15 minutes of fame on teh big screen, she too was a draw in certain types of films....romantic comedies.  Then she did One For the Money and no one cared.  The point is you can do this with many different actors.  Emma's not going to be a draw in a film like The Circle, but put her in a film like Beauty and the Beast and she absolutely helps to sell it.  

As for the film itself, I didn't care for it all that much but I loved her performance in it and I was blown away with McGregor.  I might even seen the film again because when I saw it the first time, there kids crying, babies screeching every once in a while and kids leaving to go to the bathroom every 90 seconds.  But even if I don't care for it, that doesn't mean much.  People are loving this film and it is clearly back loaded.  A 52 million Sunday is absolutely bat-shit fucking bonkers. This might have the 4th biggest Sunday ever.  And this means WOM is going to carry it past a 3X for sure.  Only the Age of Ultron (out of the top 5 Sundays in history) did not have a 3X.  So it looks to probably get past TDK and maybe shoot for 550 million.  Incredible.  

I'll get the rest later.....time to chat with @TelemAAchos now

BatB true opening Friday (48M) will be lower than opening Sunday (50M+). That is unheard of for these huge blockbusters. We are dealing with a new type of beast here.

• Like 4