Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

BatB true opening Friday (48M) will be lower than opening Sunday (50M+). That is unheard of for these huge blockbusters. We are dealing with a new type of beast here.

raw

• Like 6

With a $50M+ Sunday, I think Beauty and the Beast is reaching that water-cooler discussion, cultural zeitgeist level where it will behave stronger than its WOM (which is undoubtedly quite strong) suggests at least for a couple weekends. Dare I broach the possibility of a $100M second weekend? ;) 

• Like 8

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

With a $50M+ Sunday, I think Beauty and the Beast is reaching that water-cooler discussion, cultural zeitgeist level where it will behave stronger than its WOM (which is undoubtedly quite strong) suggests at least for a couple weekends. Dare I broach the possibility of a $100M second weekend? ;) 

Do it, I'd be in. People are digging this one

• Like 5

I'm thinking this drops around 45% next weekend (a little more than TJB) which would give it a 94 - 98m second weekend depending on actuals.

Its internal multiplier is incredibly backloaded, which implies it's probably not going to drop harshly next weekend.

Edited by Beauty and The Panda

If OW really ends around 177m, i have no doubts this will end close or above 600m DOM. After all it would need a 3.38x multiplier.

Some multipliers from comparable movies:

Oz: 2.96x

Cinderella: 2.96x

Maleficent: 3.47x

The Jungle Book: 3.52x

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

Tale as old as time...
True as it can be
Early numbers are no prize
Then estimates rise
Unexpectedly

A few millions change
Wow!, to say the least
Studios getting scared
They're all unprepared
Disney is a beeeeast....

beast-wtf-belle.jpg

• Like 2

Avengers and jurassic world both had similar Saturday-to-Sunday drops, -18%. Using that for BatB gives 51.4 million for Sunday. Then the 2nd weekend to first Sunday ratio gives about a $90m second weekend to BatB. That's what I'd go with for now

37 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

Tale as old as time...
True as it can be
Early numbers are no prize
Then estimates rise
Unexpectedly

A few millions change
Wow!, to say the least
Studios getting scared
They're all unprepared
Disney is a beeeeast....

Well this got me wet