grim22

Dolittle | Jan 17 2020 | Universal | 16% RT | Winner of the Kids Choice Award!

History will repeat itsel and this Doolittle will share the fate of the 1967 Doolittle.

If they really spent 175 Million on this, they must have little confidence in this film by not opening it in the Holiday season. This film has holiday attraction written all over it.

On 11/28/2019 at 2:23 AM, dudalb said:

If they really spent 175 Million on this, they must have little confidence in this film by not opening it in the Holiday season. This film has holiday attraction written all over it.

This is the red flag. It doesn't make sense to release a family movie in January. Maybe they thought December competition would have killed it?

Edited by Alli

1 hour ago, thedast said:

I think it looks silly but I honestly feel like it might do better than we're expecting. RDJ is gambling some serious goodwill here tho.

Biggest problem the film has is that 175 Million price tag. It Is really going to need a good reception to have a chance.

And the not releasing this film in the Holiday season....when it seems a perfect fit.....is to me a red flag the studio does not have a lot of faith in the film.

And RDJ has done some ono Iron Man/Holmes films since Iron Man, none have done well.

54 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Biggest problem the film has is that 175 Million price tag. It Is really going to need a good reception to have a chance.

And the not releasing this film in the Holiday season....when it seems a perfect fit.....is to me a red flag the studio does not have a lot of faith in the film.

And RDJ has done some ono Iron Man/Holmes films since Iron Man, none have done well.

Aside from the 10 blockbusters he's made in the the last 11 years, and a couple of other smaller hits films (Tropic Of Thunder, Due Date)  some haven't done as well - aka The Soloist and The Judge - two Rated R dramas (and The Judge still did $90m WW)

As if Iron Man was an automatic $300m+ Dom property and his performance didn't it make it the lynch pin to a 20B+ universe.

Or that Holmes or Ritchie movies were regularly making $500m WW with out him.

The budget is high and the movie might be bad but it's failure or under performance won't be a referendum on RDJ's star power.   So far his star power is why the trailer has $21m+ views, 400K likes on the main channel and BOP has it projected at $40m/$145m.  It's certainly not the IP or the quality of he trailer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Aside from the 10 blockbusters he's made in the the last 11 years, and a couple of other smaller hits films (Tropic Of Thunder, Due Date)  some haven't done as well - aka The Soloist and The Judge - two Rated R dramas (and The Judge still did $90m WW)

As if Iron Man was an automatic $300m+ Dom property and his performance didn't it make it the lynch pin to a 20B+ universe.

Or that Holmes or Ritchie movies were regularly making $500m WW with out him.

The budget is high and the movie might be bad but it's failure or under performance won't be a referendum on RDJ's star power.   So far his star power is why the trailer has $21m+ views, 400K likes on the main channel and BOP has it projected at $40m/$145m.  It's certainly not the IP or the quality of he trailer.

OH, I agree it's not a referendum on RDJ drawing power, I am just not convinced he a huge draw outside of Tony Stark..or Holmes

I think that saying this film is going to do Avengers numbers because of RDJ is pretty silly, but then the guy saying it is one of our resident trolls.

One think though, in the Books Chee Chee is a cute little monkey, not King Kong's KId Brother.....