Noctis

Wednesday #s: BATB 11.5m

55 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

If it keeps behaving similar to TJB then we have...

Thurs : 10.9M

Fri : 32.1M

Sut 52M

Sun : 35,6M

Weekend 117,8M :ph34r: lol no this is never happenning.Obviously this opened to much bigger numbers than TJB so its weekend drops should be considerablly higher.92M(-47%) is where it lands i think...which is awesome.

I think the difference will be that TJB and CW weren't having the benefit of these Spring break days.  Even Zootopia in late March - first week of April only went up 110%, 112% (Easter w/e so Thur was up and w/e multi was down) then 74% on Fridays. (far below the 210% jump it had on March 11th)

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, arpiaaaa said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
What a drop

I don't even think this can pass 350 M now
Drama

Resultado de imagen de drama disney gif

:P

He's shouting so hard it blows her hair back and she has to close her eyes.

I love this movie and what animation can do that live action really can't.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

He's shouting so hard it blows her hair back and she has to close her eyes.

I love this movie and what animation can do that live action really can't.

To me, it was more "natural" how they behaved in the live action and the library scene. 
But yes, that animation was freaking awesome.

24 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I think the difference will be that TJB and CW weren't having the benefit of these Spring break days.  Even Zootopia in late March - first week of April only went up 110%, 112% (Easter w/e so Thur was up and w/e multi was down) then 74% on Fridays. (far below the 210% jump it had on March 11th)

Damn forgot about Spring break.  IIRC deadline had about 10% k-12 and a little over for college. That'll mute the Friday jump.  

2 minutes ago, arpiaaaa said:

I don't understand America school schedule.
When will you have holiday? It will affect BATB?

Many schools are off on Spring Break (generally a week), but they schedule it at different times depending on school district. It has been going on for a few weeks, and will be continue through Easter.

• Like 1

Possible scenarios: 

WED: 11.4

THU: 10.8 (-5%)

FRI: 24.8 (+130%)

SAT: 39.7 (+60%)

SUN: 26.6 (-33%)

WEEKEND: 91.1 (-48% from last weekend)

or

FRI: 23.2 (+115%)

SAT: 37.2 (+60%) 

SUN: 24.9 (-33%)

WEEKEND: 85.3 (-51% from last weekend)

It comes down to that Friday increase, as usual, and to the questions of how many kids are on spring break this week and thus how "inflated" are the weekdays. Was data on this shared earlier in the week? I know that in my province in Canada March Break was last week.

My best guess right now is about a $85-90 million weekend. I think anything around a 50% weekend drop would be pretty strong for such a huge opening. But it all comes down to that Friday - how muted (or not muted) will it be? Friday/Saturday will be fun following the numbers :)

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 5

Friday increases this week should be in the normal area for school Fridays with three new wide openers. we have seen before that big film / grosses always leads to slightly deflated Fridays since there is more "incentive" to see the film during the week so beast should increase no more than 140 but definitely shouldn't fall under 100%. 

As was noted earlier in the week - last week was the huge March Spring break week (as shown in the dailies) and the next one won't be until the week of / after Easter. So some schools out yes, but not enough to overly deflate everything. 

48 minutes ago, arpiaaaa said:

I don't understand America school schedule.
When will you have holiday? It will affect BATB?

I already had Spring break at my college the first week of March, Spring is pretty scattered here. 

2 hours ago, DMan7 said:

:jeb!:Is 350M even in play now?

With 11.4M Wed and the hugely hyped/long awaited Power Rangers opening this weekend? You can safely say BatB is headed for an epic drop.

A record kind of drop CJohn always likes to route for

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DMan7 said:

:jeb!:Is 350M even in play now?

I'll be surprised if BatB doesn't reach $350m DOM. Movies whose 2nd weekend are $70m+ are all able to reach $400m+ DOM. And I predict that the 2nd weekend will be around 89-93m.

Let me hope the Rangers won't affect BatB's performance..

4 minutes ago, KevinPr said:

I'll be surprised if BatB doesn't reach $350m DOM. Movies whose 2nd weekend are $70m+ are all able to reach $400m+ DOM. And I predict that the 2nd weekend will be around 89-93m.

Let me hope the Rangers won't affect BatB's performance..

Its a joke. We were just having fun with the numbers. Its on its way to 500 mill.

• Like 7