FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

Just now, Gokira2012 said:

No that's just AUs , in power rangers biggest number should come from mexico and Brazil overseas

That was me hoping on RC and SHY. Gokira2012,I never said for sure it will do well in those countries.

Box Office Mojo calling Power Rangers at "low 40 millions," Life "around $13 million," around $7.6 million for CHIPS, and they didn't really make a call for B+B.

Box Office Pro pins Power Rangers at $39 million, $13.2 million for Life, $7 million for CHIPS, and $86 million for B+B.

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Shouldn't PR have a strong Saturday considering how kid friendly it is?

Scott Mendelson from Forbes thinks Power Rangers can reach $45 million.  Mendelson is one of those box office article writers who has been most supportive of the Power Rangers movie, so his positive review for it was no surprise.

5 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

DHD has BaTB at 91M.They were spot on last weekend.

$91M would be fantastic for BatB. Personally my prediction has been $85-90M and I'd be thrilled with that so anything over $90M is just sweet, sweet gravy.

Either way, looks like we're going to see the 4th best 2nd weekend of all time. Still waiting for a movie that DIDN'T have a $200M+ opening weekend to have a $100M+ 2nd weekend though. I don't think we'll ever see it. Too tough to hold that well. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JB33 said:

$91M would be fantastic for BatB. Personally my prediction has been $85-90M and I'd be thrilled with that so anything over $90M is just sweet, sweet gravy.

Either way, looks like we're going to see the 4th best 2nd weekend of all time. Still waiting for a movie that DIDN'T have a $200M+ opening weekend to have a $100M+ 2nd weekend though. I don't think we'll ever see it. Too tough to hold that well. 

Wait for Valerian.

Spoiler

:sparta:

1 hour ago, Momo said:

Damn so PR not doing so good OS?

Obviously this is just Australia. 

Relatively speaking Life is doing just as well in Australia as it is Domestic.  It's just that PR is underperforming. 

Maybe slightly off-topic but does anyone else here read Box Office Prophets? I tend to as a sort of exercise in comedy. They have by far the most consistently inaccurate predictions of any BO site I've seen. They were saying Power Rangers would only do $28 million this weekend. Last weekend they said Beauty and the Beast would open to $126 million.

They also have the logo of their web hosting service prominently displayed in their header on all pages because they're classy like that.

• Like 2

91 is a 48% drop for BATB. Will take it to ~319.5.

If it falls only 48% after a massive ow that naturally included previews, it's tough to imagine a 3rd weekend drop exceeding low 40s.

45% drop from last weekdays give it a Mon-Thu of 29.5.

A non-bullish 43% weekend drop gives it a 3rd weekend of 52.

That would take it to 319.5 + 29.5 + 52 = 401

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Maybe slightly off-topic but does anyone else here read Box Office Prophets? I tend to as a sort of exercise in comedy. They have by far the most consistently inaccurate predictions of any BO site I've seen. They were saying Power Rangers would only do $28 million this weekend. Last weekend they said Beauty and the Beast would open to $126 million.

They also have the logo of their web hosting service prominently displayed in their header on all pages because they're classy like that.

I used to, their year end wrap up articles are nice. But their predictions and snark became much.