kayumanggi

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY II | 473.9 M overseas ● 863.8 M worldwide

31 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

Marvel Studios’ Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 added $8.6m from 56 territories for $450.1m. 

James Gunn’s sequel displayed good holds in many markets in its fifth weekend. Franceand Germany dropped 33% and 45%, respectively. 

In its third weekend of release, Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 dropped by 33% in Japan to take its running total there to $7.7m after 17 days.

The top grossing markets are China on $98.3m, the UK on $48.8m, Russia on $27.3m, Germany on $27.1m, Australia on $23.1m, France on $22.8m, South Korea on $20.6m, and Brazil on $20.5m. Mexico has generated $18.8m, Spain $9.6m, and Italy $7.8m.

Source: Screen Daily

More details!

470M OS + 380M DOM

850M WW

That's great! :sparta:

But I think GOTG Vol2 can make more than $ 380 DOM.  At this point, Age of Ultron made more $ 55M, The first GOTG made more $ 82M.

I think $ 390M DOM is possible.

And $ 475M OS too.

• Like 1

I saw 1b WW estimates and i was pumped up for this one! But it in the end its DOM buisness which was solid compared to OS.

OS few markets improved over the first one which bodes well for the franchisee. 800 looks good for Sci-Fi/Comedy/Action/Adventure which is tough sell 

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was released May 5 in the states to a $146.5M three-day, and has already earned $342.7M domestically. When you add the $454.7M from international markets, the second film in the Marvel franchise has earned $797.4M through yesterday.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/pirates-china-guardians-vol-800-million-worldwide-box-office-marvel-disney-1202104964/

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Olive said:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was released May 5 in the states to a $146.5M three-day, and has already earned $342.7M domestically. When you add the $454.7M from international markets, the second film in the Marvel franchise has earned $797.4M through yesterday.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/pirates-china-guardians-vol-800-million-worldwide-box-office-marvel-disney-1202104964/

Already the highest grossing MCU film without Iron Man.

I'd consider that a verifiable success.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Already the highest grossing MCU film without Iron Man.

I'd consider that a verified success.

Highest grossing Comic Book Movie without Iron Man, Spider-Man or Batman.

Huge success.

• Like 2

Got to give it to MCU and this movie. Just great bo.

Not a big fan of the universe and have not watched GOTG2 (...did like GOTG1 and imo was a solid B+) but it's BO is applaud-worthy...did everything right. 

I like it when OW/DOM/OS/Legs work so well in tandem, and when we are having under-performers (in varying degrees) after GOTG2 released - Arhtur, A:C, POTC

- Record bump in the OW from GOTG1.

- Will buck the trend for MCU two-quels and join CA2 as another one with solid legs. Is looking at >2.6x despite a giant OW.

- O/U 800 felt legit after the OW with 350-360 Dom + 440-450 OS...then 825 seemed possible...now 850+ WW is looking set IMO.

Marketing or OW or Legs or Dom or OS or Audience reception or Critics...everything fell in line.

Some might say China under-whelmed but it was looking at o/u 90 after the ow there opposed to 100 (ahem...99) right now.

Crossing 850 would be a fitting end to the run. Who knows there might more last minute surprises dom?...but thinking a terrific 385-390 finish.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Got to give it to MCU and this movie. Just great bo.

Not a big fan of the universe and have not watched GOTG2 (...did like GOTG1 and imo was a solid B+) but it's BO is applaud-worthy...did everything right. 

I like it when OW/DOM/OS/Legs work so well in tandem, and when we are having under-performers (in varying degrees) after GOTG2 released - Arhtur, A:C, POTC

- Record bump in the OW from GOTG1.

- Will buck the trend for MCU two-quels and join CA2 as another one with solid legs. Is looking at >2.6x despite a giant OW.

- O/U 800 felt legit after the OW with 350-360 Dom + 440-450 OS...then 825 seemed possible...now 850+ WW is looking set IMO.

Marketing or OW or Legs or Dom or OS or Audience reception or Critics...everything fell in line.

Some might say China under-whelmed but it was looking at o/u 90 after the ow there opposed to 100 (ahem...99) right now.

Crossing 850 would be a fitting end to the run. Who knows there might more last minute surprises dom?...but thinking a terrific 385-390 finish.

Overseas it's done. 480 max. 

Domestically, though.. Movies are crumbling fast because of bad reviews or WOM and Guardians has both. Will help it stay in people's mind. Look at what happened to King Arthur (175m), Alien (100m), Baywatch (70m) and now Pirates (230m). I think Wonder Woman and maybe Cars 3 will hurt it a bit, but June should give sub-45 drops from now on and sub-30 drops in some weekends. I think 395m Domestically is a real possibility.

That'll give 875 Worldwide.

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Had anyone predicted a sub-500 M finish overseas before the film opened?

Yes because the previous one made is 440m just before the exchange rate drop of late august 2014, I thought that outside a China burst it would be already an accomplishment to do that number again (felt the saw way about beating is DBO performance and WW total).

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Yes because the previous one made is 440m just before the exchange rate drop of late august 2014, I thought that outside a China burst it would be already an accomplishment to do that number again (felt the saw way about beating is DBO performance and WW total).

What did you predict? I don't see a sub-500 M a good improvement at all, but as a number, it's still good I guess. I predicted 600 M.

27 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

What did you predict? I don't see a sub-500 M a good improvement at all, but as a number, it's still good I guess. I predicted 600 M.

A predicted an around the first one WW outside China, a nice grow but all removed by exchange rate change, I thought it would have made more in China (say 120-130) and a bit less than the first domestic, for around 800m WW. 750 to 850m being the range of what I expected.

Playing that well among older audience and doing so much domestic, for me it is overperforming (and that because the movie delivered and was really a good emotional punch) and almost (all ?) is competition under-performed, living it all the place until WW.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

You happened to miss the Gotg os number btw. So you have no room to talk.

Are you sure?

On 30/04/2017 at 7:20 PM, alisson23 said:

Not if most of them are small markets. Even so, it would need a 3.14 multipler to do a $550M with a $175m OW. Not happening.

~270m from current markets (I'm being optimistic)

~110m from China

~40m Japan + SK

~25m Russia

~35m others small markets

~= $480m

Just wait a miracle and it will do $550m OS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miketheavenger said:

I think it's gonna pass 850m. At least 30m more in the U.S. (possibly 35m more) and about 5m more OS should be enough.

I think it's not going tO get much pass 840.

The Dollar is about to be much harder to come by starting this week.