kayumanggi

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY II | 473.9 M overseas ● 863.8 M worldwide

4 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

That's 42% of anyone out on the streets .. not necessarily a movie going audience. So almost every other person in the streets bring up GOTG2 when randomly asked if they know what movies are coming out this week. That's a pretty huge number.

I'm not aware too much about the polling demography and strategy, but I would assume that it is mostly movie going audience that accept to participate in them or that interest studios, people that never go to theater are probably of not much use or hard to reach.

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

CW have better presales too and still do $ 179m against $ 191m for Ultron

Vol. 2 is ahead Ultron but still behind CW, so + $160m is more realistic

But it could surprise if the families appear and do something around CW, the film is really emotional and beautiful.

Agreed, however GOTG2 is wayyyy more kid friendly and I can see word of mouth from Thurs/Friday giving it a huge push over the entire weekend. $200 is unlikely but I think it'll do better than CW. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

CW have better presales too and still do $ 179m against $ 191m for Ultron

Vol. 2 is ahead Ultron but still behind CW, so + $160m is more realistic

But it could surprise if the families appear and do something around CW, the film is really emotional and beautiful.

Really high expectations :)

18 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Even though I would love nothing more than 180m+, I'll be shocked if that happens. Movies have become much more pre-sales heavy than even two years ago, so it beating AoU doesn't mean that much. I do think 150m is still possible.

Pretty sure that 150M is probably the very MINIMUM it'll make OW.