kayumanggi

BLACK PANTHER | 646.8 M overseas ● 1346.9 M worldwide

12 hours ago, seduh said:

I didn´t like the movie at all. And I thin that the movie is not that into "diversity", its a product. I like that studios think that they have to make more diverse films, but don´t be naibe, studios want money, not to change minds. Wonder Woman was suposed to be a movie about a strong women, and even if it was good it wasn´t that strong, it was not a movie about gender equality, it was just a movie with a strong character but nothing else (a lot of things in the movie are not feminist at all). Movies are movies, and i think that BP was really boring. Obviously most of the people in the USA don´t agree with me, but not every country in the world thinks like USA, they need other thing in a movie to like it. I expect really bad legs in China, it's not an action packed movie like they like. 

:) 

24 minutes ago, seduh said:

I didn´t like the movie at all. And I thin that the movie is not that into "diversity", its a product. I like that studios think that they have to make more diverse films, but don´t be naibe, studios want money, not to change minds. Wonder Woman was suposed to be a movie about a strong women, and even if it was good it wasn´t that strong, it was not a movie about gender equality, it was just a movie with a strong character but nothing else (a lot of things in the movie are not feminist at all). Movies are movies, and i think that BP was really boring. Obviously most of the people in the USA don´t agree with me, but not every country in the world thinks like USA, they need other thing in a movie to like it. I expect really bad legs in China, it's not an action packed movie like they like. 

Does it matter why a business makes something?

A Chinese factory doesn't care when they make a USA flag or print of copies of the Bill of Rights. It doesn't take away from what those mean to people.

Also the hired artist often pour their heart into the final product. That's all that matters other than the heartfelt reception.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2018 at 11:30 PM, grey ghost said:

So is BP doing well in Japan or not?

There seems to be some confusion for some reason.

On 3/6/2018 at 12:08 AM, commendable said:

It's doing average. 2.4m opening. Higher than all 2017 SH films except Spiderman (That's the only superhero they care about) expecting 13m when all is said and done

Actuals came in around $3m for 2 days (+34% over Thor 3) and $4.75m after 4 days. It's higher than average for a SH film. Especially for a film based on a character that nobody knew before Civil War.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, catlover said:

Actuals came in around $3m for 2 days (+34% over Thor 3) and $4.75m after 4 days. It's higher than average for a SH film. Especially for a film based on a character that nobody knew before Civil War.

Great news! so 15m locked?