kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

26 minutes ago, peludo said:

These markets add $860m, 91% of Ultron OS total. How much do you expect to increase in the main markets in order to reach that amount? I insist that I am not denying the obvious enormous potential of the film. Just curiousity.

The only "easy" way to reach those levels is to get a big increase in Europe, where CBMs are, for the moment, far of the limits of those markets. Asia and LA can get records, but how much can increase relative to previous entries, which already set records? There is not so much room growth.

Of course, if it explodes in China and it rises to Furious level (400 million), the debate will be over, but that is still a big if. And if China jumps "only" 50-60 million, where will come the other $200m from? I do not see so easy.

For the moment, I keep my 1.05-1.1b prediction.

Europe should increase, but Asia will also increase a decent bit, cause those are all growing markets and the exchange rate isn't as bad as in La so we could see some good increase in Asia, europe, Ociana, LA will stay flat, maybe a small increase. 

On 12/14/2017 at 6:15 PM, Patraon said:

First day in France:

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS: 619 200 tickets sold

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI: 503 727 tickets sold (-18,65%)

ROGUE ONE: 271 000

49 minutes ago, Proxima Olive said:

France OD admissions:

IW 405,808

AOU 330 303 / 1 926 000 / 4 331 000

TA 302 730 (OD) / 2 041 000 (OW) / 4 510 000 

Here are the OD figures for SW movies for reference. Important to note here is that SW movies are very frontloaded when it comes to OD to OW multiplier. Both TFA and TLJ had 4.34-4.37 multi.

The avengers movies on the other hand are not as frontloaded with AoU pulling a OD to OW multi of 5.84 and Avengers pulling a multi of 6.74x. 

So a TA like multi will take IW over TFA opening week and a AoU like multi will take IW over TLJ opening week.

Edited by ZeeSoh
Updated the multi for SW due to a reporting error
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Here are the OD figures for SW movies for reference. Important to note here is that SW movies are very frontloaded when it comes to OD to OW multiplier. Both TFA and TLJ had 3.45-3.5x multi.

The avengers movies on the other hand are not as frontloaded with AoU pulling a OD to OW multi of 5.84 and Avengers pulling a multi of 6.74x. 

So a TA like multi will take IW over TFA opening week and a AoU like multi will take IW over TLJ opening week.

This is crazy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Omni said:

600M WW opening?

China is missing, so I doubt it.

(TFA opened without China and did 529M) 

So it would need to increase 71M to top that.

I am not certain that is doable.

Edit: I might underestimate Asia a lot (and it looks strong in France and Australia) so if it does incredible in the UK it could at least get close.

If the Dom opening is above 250M it get's more likely and if it opens to 270M I would say it has a decent chance (270M is a bit above TFA adjusted)

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Insane OS performance so far. Seems likely for 1-1.1B OS imo.

Here in Portugal, there's a very decent chance it may have broken the OD record as well, given that it had one of the most important public holidays of the year (April 25th, basically the Portuguese equivalent of the 4th of July) and a very aggressive marketing campaign. Anecdotal evidence, but my late afternoon screening was almost sold out. That NEVER happened to any afternoon screening I've ever been to, even in Summer screenings w/a lot of people in vacation. Even The Last Jedi had a damn near empty theater at the exact same time on day of release. This is probably an advent of the holiday, as it had a lot of children in attendance.... but on the other hand, there was also a massive televised festivity happening in the city at the same time, AND the weather was Summer levels of hot. Which makes IW's feat pretty fucking impressive altogether. (Don't know if @CJohn attended OD like he said he would, though, so that's all the evidence I got rn :apocalypse:)

I went Tuesday night. The OD was huge. Nearly 50.000 tickets sold, probably just below FF7 and FF8 ODs. Way above the OD of the first Avengers.

Shows were sold out almost everywhere during the entire day. I went to a midnight show on Tuesday night and it was sold out. 350 people in that screen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Juby said:

5-day opening in Poland will be big, bigger than any other MCU film before, maybe bigger than any superhero movie before!

And still #NotAnEvent here :) 

300-350k adm in 5 days won't be in top 5 best OW of year and also not in top 40 OW of all time

What's more it will be less than Fifty Shades Freed (430k, lowest of the series)

Total about 1 mln adm will be to low to be among top 10 of the year (and not in top 100 of all time)

BUT agree with your post it will be biggest of all superheroes easily

24 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The comparison is to AOU for overseas grosses ^ 

As long as it beats it in each market, then the overseas total goes higher and higher. 

This. Ultron must be always the reference to see if it is improving and how much.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, peludo said:

This. Ultron must be always the reference to see if it is improving and how much.

Like I know Ultron Decreased from Avengers in many European markets, so if IW is increasing from Ultron and likely beat Avengers, that means a great overseas gross.

9 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I guess theoretically it could drop like a rock in all these markets next week but it sounds like WOM is great so far.

The fact it is still doing huge business on day 2 in Aus and NZ to me shows that it wont be no Civil War. 

This is one of the most epic looking blockbusters in a while, it is pretty much catered to be a massive global hit. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1