kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

4 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Just incredible numbers. Even if it doesn’t reach 2 billion, 1.9 billion is great.

It's already well above $1.9B 

I am 100% certain that if DP2 had opened in August (which made so much sense) then AIW would have made at the very least $100M more WW, maybe even $200M more. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

I am 100% certain that if DP2 had opened in August (which made so much sense) then AIW would have made at the very least $100M more WW, maybe even $200M more. 

Which is why I’m hoping they move IW2 to December 2019. Let it have Christmas time, I’d like to see how much more it’d gross with benefits of Christmas and New Years(look what it did for Jumanji 2) Move SW9 someplace else. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Which is why I’m hoping they move IW2 to December 2019. Let it have Christmas time, I’d like to see how much more it’d gross with benefits of Christmas and New Years(look what it did for Jumanji 2) Move SW9 someplace else. 

I agree. 

But Disney will be eager to protect the suddenly uber-fragile Star Wars franchise. 

53 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

$200M from where? DP2 didn't open in China and in most other places the drops against DP2 weren't that harsh.

I think $50M definitely could have been possible.

But those arguments can be made for 95% of films.

Edited by Taruseth

8 hours ago, PPZVGOS said:

I agree. 

But Disney will be eager to protect the suddenly uber-fragile Star Wars franchise. 

Guys calm down, the franchise scored the two biggest opening weekends of all time (at the time) and still holds two of the Top 3. This is not an uber fragile franchise at all. It just happens to be that overseas, it is not such a big thing as it is in North America (but it is still massive). That's it. We can't expect it to break records with every single outing. People thought the Avengers were over when Age of Ultron grossed less than the Avengers. The drama is ridiculous.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2018 at 11:15 AM, PPZVGOS said:

I agree. 

So much hate for Star Wars, i don´t really know why many of you want that Infinity beats TFA, Episode VII is a much better film than Avengers 3. If the Chinese had better taste, The Force Awakens could had been the #2 worldwide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 2

1 minute ago, KenterKane said:

So much hate for Star Wars, i don´t really know why many of you want that Infinity beats TFA, Episode VII is a much better film than Avengers 3. If the Chinese had better taste, The Force Awakens could had been the #2 worldwide.

thanks god chinese and indian and south korean didn't have good taste.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

thanks god chinese and indian and south korean didn't have good taste.....

Yeah, I mean why should America listen to the 36% of the world that live in just those 3 nations...

37 minutes ago, KenterKane said:

Oh dude TFA is really good but is not better than IW

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KenterKane said:

It says a lot when your franchise is utterly rejected by every country that doesn’t have nostalgia for the OT though 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KenterKane said:

TFA is a good movie (very good, actually), but no.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KenterKane said:

Disagree, TFA offered nothing new and was more or less just a prettier New Hope. IW atleast has developed characters, a better story (not saying much tbf) and a villain that puts the cry baby Kylo to shame.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, InterHero1 said:

Disagree, TFA offered nothing new and was more or less just a prettier New Hope. IW atleast has developed characters, a better story (not saying much tbf) and a villain that puts the cry baby Kylo to shame.

The Disaster awakens!! Nostalgia everywhere. Remember this? Remember that? Its not even prettier. Its ugly. Its almostly claustrofobic to watch it. The PT and OT offered great great pictures and memes. The dialogue in TFA is just a bunch of ugly clicheese whereas the dialogue (even the Line about sand) has some meaning. The scripts of TPM through ESB are watershed, meaningful and pregnant whereas the script of TFA is just blah.. extreme disaster. And thats from somebody who Dont think rey is a marey sue