kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

We also have to consider that BOM already stopped updating IW on a daily basis last Wednesday, as those updates are made only as long as OS dailies are relevant. Considering OS actuals have always been higher than the estimates so far, that BOM says that the IW OS figure is as of Sunday, that it's usually reliable about that and that Solo being updated as of 5/28 means nothing as it's a new release, I'd say we can be pretty sure that the OS figure for IW is really as of Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Omni said:

We also have to consider that BOM already stopped updating IW on a daily basis last Wednesday, as those updates are made only as long as OS dailies are relevant. Considering OS actuals have always been higher than the estimates so far, that BOM says that the IW OS figure is as of Sunday, that it's usually reliable about that and that Solo being updated as of 5/28 means nothing as it's a new release, I'd say we can be pretty sure that the OS figure for IW is really as of Sunday.

That's not an ironclad rule, but I agree with your point. In any case, I hope it is as of Sunday, because that would make 2B a bit easier.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fake said:

That's not an ironclad rule, but I agree with your point. In any case, I hope it is as of Sunday, because that would make 2B a bit easier.

It only needs $960m OS-C total to strike $2 billion.

680+960+360

Edited by Asyulus

11 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

This better get to $2b or else 

It’s locked at the moment, OS-C actuals (WD+WE) are $3.8m higher than the estimate. DOM and China should do $1.040b together, and OS will sit down at $978m total.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quigley said:

Where on Earth are you guys getting these $680M+ forecasts? The film will be lucky to cross $670M...

Infinity War will be $643m by next week. So I fail to see how it adds only additional $27m. There is zero competition for two weekends so it can even manage $690m if the drops are low.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

Infinity War will be $643m by next week. So I fail to see how it adds only additional $27m. There is zero competition for two weekends so it can even manage $690m if the drops are low.

Black Panther made 17 mln$ in 6th weekend, and IW made 17 mln in 5 th weekend. IF BP will end with 700 it means that BP will ad another 69 mln after weekend with 17 mln$. Currently IW is making around 80% of BP dailes (i'm comparing 33rd day of IW vs 40th day of BP etc) if IW will make 80% of 69 mln it will ends around 680 mln. But week earlier during weekdays IW was making much more than 80% of BP. So IW is getting weaker and weaker against BP so I assume that 683 is extremely unlikely. IW had much harsher drops than BP even before D2, and Solo, so even without any serious competision in next 2 weeks i don't see a reason why it should stabilize against BP.

I would like to also remind that BOM reports that IW made less money in China than we can read in chinese  thread. So even if this movie will make 360mln using are calculations it doesn't mean that it will make 360 according to BOM.

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 2

Using 953.1M OS-CHINA =  1.287B-333.784M** 

Avengers legs-   $1,007,993,225

Ultron legs-       $998,941,703

CHINA @ $332.85M*              AVENGERS LEGS           ULTRON LEGS 

OS@ $949.83M*                   $1.00457 B                          $0.9955 B

CHINA $335.57         AVENGERS LEGS            ULTRON LEGS

OS@ $951.319M               $ 1.006B                         $0.997B

D6YrJWL.png

ncBnQZg.png

*source - numbers.com

**source-BOM, chinafilminsider

• Like 5

5 hours ago, 1Robert1 said:

Black Panther made 17 mln$ in 6th weekend, and IW made 17 mln in 5 th weekend. IF BP will end with 700 it means that BP will ad another 69 mln after weekend with 17 mln$. Currently IW is making around 80% of BP dailes (i'm comparing 33rd day of IW vs 40th day of BP etc) if IW will make 80% of 69 mln it will ends around 680 mln. But week earlier during weekdays IW was making much more than 80% of BP. So IW is getting weaker and weaker against BP so I assume that 683 is extremely unlikely. IW had much harsher drops than BP even before D2, and Solo, so even without any serious competision in next 2 weeks i don't see a reason why it should stabilize against BP.

I would like to also remind that BOM reports that IW made less money in China than we can read in chinese  thread. So even if this movie will make 360mln using are calculations it doesn't mean that it will make 360 according to BOM.

BP had spring break about then, but IW is about to have full strength summer weekdays, which is like a spring break that lasts forever.    

Is the difference that our China subforum includes ticketing fees, and BOM will exclude them? Or just that BOM is silly with exchange rates? 

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

BP had spring break about then, but IW is about to have full strength summer weekdays, which is like a spring break that lasts forever.    

Is the difference that our China subforum includes ticketing fees, and BOM will exclude them? Or just that BOM is silly with exchange rates? 

BOM sometimes is just silly with exchange rates.  You can see in see in their weekly foreign charts how movies can make money yet the total will be lower than the previous week because the current exchange rate was applied to the current full total and not just that week.

Regardless, the total O/S number reported won't fluctuate like that since it comes from studio reporting

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

BOM has silly ER. I don't know how Disney will calculate total China number, but I think it's obvious that money china theatres made doesn't go to Disney on the same day. So money which chinese cinema goers spend on let's say 15th may will go to disney maybe week later maybe month later, I don't know but ER is getting worse and worse for Disney, so from a logical point of view Disney will make less money than it's currently reported.

You're right that summer weekdays will help IW, but summer weekdays means that weekends wouldn't have so big bumps.

1 hour ago, Fake said:

IW should be at 1960M+ after this weekend. In that case, $2B will be pretty much locked.

As I have been saying for weeks, At least after the upcoming weekend the doubts will go away for good.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1