kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

It's really unfortunate that it's most likely going to miss both #3 Domestic and #3 Worldwide by not having about $20 million bigger domestic gross.

Incredible run either way but it would have been really cool to reach #3 Domestic, #3 Overseas and #3 Worldwide.

Edited by The Dark Samurai
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, The Dark Samurai said:

It's really unfortunate that it's most likely going to miss both #3 Domestic and #3 Worldwide by not having about $20 million bigger domestic gross.

Incredible run either way but it would have been really cool to reach #3 Domestic, #3 Overseas and #3 Worldwide.

In terms of initial runs, it is already #2 overseas, #3 worldwide and will get to #4 domestic. Not bad. And it may even beat TFA WW after all, even though it is very unlikely based on the current situation.

5 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Looks like Disney will make a few bucks off this movie.

Over/Under the enormous pile of cash that Solo bring in? 

Edit: Oops, I don’t mean bring in, I mean losing. Damn autocorrect.

Edited by Sam

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Solo will probably lose around $100m. IW on the low end is making $600m in pure profit. Not a bad deal!

Deadline estimated $600M profit for IW with a $1.875B ww total ( $600M Dom + $275M China + $1B Os-China). It'll make $650M+ profit. Likewise BP's profit was estimated at $460M with a $1.25B ww total -> Now it looks like it could make $500M.

Edited by Andreas
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Deadline estimated $600M profit for IW with a $1.875B ww total ( $600M Dom + $275M China + $1B Os-China). It'll make $650M+ profit. Likewise BP's profit was estimated at $460M with a $1.25B ww total -> Now it looks like it could make $500M.

So Disney’s making $1B+ in profits from only 2 movies in the same year. Wild. 

4 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

So Disney’s making $1B+ in profits from only 2 movies in the same year. Wild. 

Add that $1.15B+ to a likely $120-150M from AMATW and Feige & Iger go full Scrooge McDuck:ohmygod:

Edited by Andreas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Dark Samurai said:

Yep, it’s exactly the reason I was so disappointed with its second weekend in the u.s . I was expecting around 125 million , which would bring its projected u.s earnings at around 730 million and instead it did less than 115 million after the 258 million ow. This and China underperforming compared to the estimates that were projecting 400 million (the presales for this were insane , just compare them to JW2 which will also.perform well in China) made it miss TFA , which is a big disappointment to me.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Yep, it’s exactly the reason I was so disappointed with its second weekend in the u.s . I was expecting around 125 million , which would bring its projected u.s earnings at around 730 million and instead it did less than 115 million after the 258 million ow. This and China underperforming compared to the estimates that were projecting 400 million (the presales for this were insane , just compare them to JW2 which will also.perform well in China) made it miss TFA , which is a big disappointment to me.

I hesitate to use the word 'disappintment' anywhere near a 2B WW grosser, but yeah the weekday numbers that first week were definitely pointing to a better 2nd weekend drop.  So instead of amazing legs, it 'just' has good legs.

I think A4 has a chance for a better multi.  IW may have had many families not going in for the re-watch, which was key to TFA's/TA's/JW's 3x+ legs after their massive openings.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Andreas said:

$150m more at the box office - especially with about $80m more domestic - with an attendant  (if not equal) increase in ancillaries would be more likely to boost profit around $100m+ rather than $50m+.  Likewise with BP doing about $110m more WW.

China Wed probably will come in a lot higher.

Yesterday at 3pm: 3.87m, today is looking at 4.37m also at 3pm.

Yesterday China number revised to 8.4m, mid point was at 3:45pm.

Hours are based on the Chinese Timezone.

6 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

disappointed (...) underperforming (...)

These words =/= Avengers: Infinity War numbers :P 

IW needs re-release right before "Avengers 4" to be #3 domestically and #3 worldwide. Do it Disney!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Juby said:

These words =/= Avengers: Infinity War numbers :P 

IW needs re-release right before "Avengers 4" to be #3 domestically and #3 worldwide. Do it Disney!

He’s just saying that the DOM 2nd weekend was low relative to first weekday numbers, and the China total is low relative to the insane presales (record breaking presales led to a record low presale multi). Those two factors combined look to lead to a very near miss of TFA. All reasonable points, it’s not like anyone is claiming that IW numbers are bad overall :P 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pepsa said:

IW late legs in China are making up for the less than expected OW at this point. 

200*1.9 is a great performance, but it would probably have beaten TFA with say 240*1.7, which would be a low-but-not-seriously-record-breaking-low OW PS multi.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pepsa said:

IW late legs in China are making up for the less than expected OW at this point. 

Somehow, these late legs is there to be expected, given that the marketplace is so unrefreshing now especially in the downfall of solo....and Chinese has to go cinema somehow.