grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Dunkirk - 21.7%

Emoji - 13.7%

Girls Trip - 11.5%

Atomic Blonde - 11.2%

Spider-Man - 9.7%

Positive trend for Girls Trip. Probably will come in above the Sunday estimate. 

Dunkirk - 21.5%

Emoji - 14.5%

Girls Trip - 11.5%

Atomic Blonde - 10.8%

Spider-Man - 9.5%

• Like 2

Deep Wang updates:

Dark Tower is about double of what Atomic Blonde was at last week at this time, but on an overall gross basis it is less than 100k and about on par with Life I would say

Everything else :rofl::rofl::rofl: 

The second highest presales is currently Terminator 2 3D which is about 7k. The box office is going to be pretty horrible till IT comes along.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

First weekend of August is going to blow unless Detroit manages something.

I think Annabelle Creation is going to have a solid OW. I think folks are still burned from the first one so they might be hesitant to pre-order tickets. 

I also think Logan Lucky and Hitman's Bodyguard are gonna surprise. Neither film screams like a film that would require presales which speaking of are tickets even on sale for either of those? When I checked I couldn't find anything for the NYC/Philly market. Kinda hard to have good presales if tickets aren't even available to some of the bigger markets. *Mind you I checked fandango so I don't know if they're on sale anywhere else.* 

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

Deep Wang updates:

Dark Tower is about double of what Atomic Blonde was at last week at this time, but on an overall gross basis it is less than 100k and about on par with Life I would say

Everything else :rofl::rofl::rofl: 

The second highest presales is currently Terminator 2 3D which is about 7k. The box office is going to be pretty horrible till IT comes along.

What about Hitman's Bodyguard and Annabelle?