grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

5 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

I am pretty disappointed they moved Polaroid.  It looked scary and I thought it was going to be a good hit.  I thought it was stupid they pulled Amityville.  That would have probably made decent money.  They should have had Valerian and Alien in August....both with IMAX.  Maybe the studios should employ other people to decide the scheduling.

I kind of get the feeling that Dimension just can't afford to release anything right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Boxofficerules said:

I kind of get the feeling that Dimension just can't afford to release anything right now.

Who knows what the hell is going on with Weinstein :lol: They made a lot with Lion, but it could've gone much wider

24 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Who knows what the hell is going on with Weinstein :lol: They made a lot with Lion, but it could've gone much wider

Weinstein has to be on the verge of bankruptcy at this point. They haven't put out anything since January (other than the dump and run job that was 3 Generations), and even Wind River feels like it's opening with little fanfare despite the talent involved. Everyone likes to mock Paramount and Sony and Lionsgate for whatever reason, but they're nowhere nearly in this bad of a position.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Is this the last Relativity flop that needs to be released? :sadben: 

There is still a movie from director Flanagan da Gawd stuck with them, probably until the end of times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

There is still a movie from director Flanagan da Gawd stuck with them, probably until the end of times.

Just watch Before I Wake finally get released in a few years when Jacob Tremblay will be a teenager.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, That Floating Guy said:

I really wanna see Before I Wake.

I REALLY DO.

Flanagan has been telling people on facebook to buy it on Bluray from Canadian Amazon.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Weinstein has to be on the verge of bankruptcy at this point. They haven't put out anything since January (other than the dump and run job that was 3 Generations), and even Wind River feels like it's opening with little fanfare despite the talent involved. Everyone likes to mock Paramount and Sony and Lionsgate for whatever reason, but they're nowhere nearly in this bad of a position.

I'm surprised TWC has lasted this long. I think if Tarantino jumped ship, it would be the end of them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

If he does, it wouldn't that big a shock. He'd be better off going to another indie studio or a mini major like Lionsgate

It would not be Clint leaving WB shock, but it would be a good one, I'm not sure how he could be possibly be better of then with is relation with Weinstein, after he did let him keep is cutting ear scene in Reservoir Dogs and what he did for Pulp Fiction at Cannes, I don't know why he would leave him, everything he wrote after Pulp Fiction he did, not sure what more than that he could want/ask.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It would not be Clint leaving WB shock, but it would be a good one, I'm not sure how he could be possibly be better of than is relation with Weinstein, after he did let him keep is cutting hear scene in Reservoir Dogs and what he did for Pulp Fiction at Cannes, I don't know why he would leave him, everything he wrote after Pulp Fiction he did, not sure what more than that he could want/ask.

If Woody Allen can leave Sony Pictures Classics for Amazon, anything is possible. 

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

If Woody Allen can leave Sony Pictures Classics for Amazon, anything is possible. 

That was less than a 10 year's relationship with no sense of loyalty (Allen needed no one to do is movie, they were fully auto-financed by is production company), and Sony was purely a distributor only for theatrical/some tv and only on the domestic market and not involved at all in the production or financing of is movies.

Anything is possible, but Tarantino quitting Weinstein (before Weinstein close shop ?) why ? It would make sense if it is toward a netflix/amazon with a different distribution model but tarantino is of the last one you would expect to do this, except if he goes to do mini-series, than yes that would not be too surprising.

Edited by Barnack

I honestly kinda like the idea of Dark Tower becoming something of a tv series after the movie. If it isn't absolutely panned, and can make a small amount of money (say 70M domestic and just under 200M WW) I think they should go ahead with a tv series. 

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder when It's presales will open? I think WB should time it to open either same week as Annabelle Creation or the week after.

I think IT's presales will have the same week as AC. 

• Like 1