grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

9 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Funnily enough, one of the better presellers for Pikachu near my area is the 21+ only theater.

My thoughts as well, though I'm also wondering about Long Shot. Reviews are good, but political comedies are a tough sell to begin with and the Avengers albatross doesn't help.

My theater is giving it two screens (and in two of the larger theaters, to boot; all of the other big and medium-sized theaters still belong to Avengers), so that seems like a good sign. I think it'll do about $14M personally.

• Like 2

I tried comparing Fandango Pulse Sales for this weekend against both AIW second weekend and AEG first weekend, similar to how did things for the first weekend. Unfortunately neither method gave sensible numbers (the former estimates way too high because AEG 2nd weekend presales are so much higher than AIW 2nd weekend presales and the later estimates way too low because the presales were so much higher for AEG first weekend than this weekend).

Oh well at least the estimate tell me it will fall somewhere between $21M and $366M! lol

Edited by stfletch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, stfletch said:

I tried comparing Fandango Pulse Sales for this weekend against both AIW second weekend and AEG first weekend, similar to how did things for the first weekend. Unfortunately neither method gave sensible numbers (the former estimates way too high because AEG 2nd weekend presales are so much higher than AIW 2nd weekend presales and the later estimates way too low because the presales were so much higher for AEG first weekend than this weekend).

Oh well at least the estimate tell me it will fall somewhere between $21M and $366M! lol

By how much?

26 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

with John Wick 3 tracking at $35M (fwiw, Chapter 2's tracking started at $20M).

It probably would have to beat tracking by a similar percentage and it would also require EG to beat Pika Pika next weekend, but I would laugh and laugh and laugh if John Wick 3 would be the film that dethroned Endgame.

Especially because of all the Thanos/John Wick memes out there. 

Edited by Porthos

Just now, MrPink said:

I think Wick will open over 40, and can push into the mid 40s realistically. I put 50 in the summer game. 

Honestly that weekend's pretty dead and what's there isn't really harmful to John Wick 3 at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Porthos said:

It probably would have to beat tracking by a similar percentage (which probably isn't happening) and it would also require EG to beat Pika Pika next weekend (more likely), but I would laugh and laugh and laugh if John Wick 3 would be the film that dethroned Endgame.

Especially because of all the Thanos/John Wick memes out there. 

Just OoC if Endgame 2nd weekend somehow drops to 150 and it has that same drop in it's third weekend, would you still consider Pika Pika to be the likely loser of it's OW?