grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

I could re-size one for you, host it temporarily (say and hour or two 'till you grab it), and then delete it if you want.

I'd actually appreciate that if you wouldn't mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

@Porthos look what you’ve done

:winomg:

Got to admit, I kinda like the shit-eating grin there. :lol:

(That I have... esoteric tastes in avatars shouldn't be a surprise at this point :lol:)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Though if you guys think you have it bad you're not my poor boyfriend who has to listen to me rave about this movie day in and day out.

I assume youre a girl then? (Edit: looked at your profile)

That is ... in search for a better word ... exciting for me since ive never met a girl in real life that likes or cares about Godzilla :(

Edited by Brainbug
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

I assume youre a girl then? (please dont kill me if im wrong lol)

That would be ... in search for a better word ... exciting for me since ive never met a girl in real life that likes or cares about Godzilla :(

Yep I am. It's a rare breed I know. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mulder said:

(whispers)

Sssh, you're gonna blow our cover.

• Haha 8
  • Astonished 3

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

(whispers)

Sssh, you're gonna blow our cover.

Youre a Godzilla Fan too??

You know that fact alone catapults you into my Top 10 favourite posters here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Youre a Godzilla Fan too??

You know that fact alone catapults you into my Top 10 favourite posters here.

I was talking about being a girl, but yeah.  Thought I'm ready for the main course: Godzilla v Kong.  GIM.ME. GIMMENOW.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mulder said:

10 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I was talking about being a girl, but yeah.  Thought I'm ready for the main course: Godzilla v Kong.  GIM.ME. GIMMENOW.

Don't give me your cooties

• Haha 2

I don’t know WTF is going on but the North Shore Cinema theater isn’t working at all and not showing showtimes, so we may not get NSC tracking tonight :( 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It’s always funny to see our forums posters’ reactions when finding out one of their regulars is a girl. 

I remembered when it was me, I was like ‘I know I might be a rare breed, but y’all aren’t gotta act like my race gone extinct lol’

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

It’s always funny to see our forums posters’ reactions when finding out one of their regulars is a girl. 

I remembered when it was me, I was like ‘I know I might be a rare breed, but y’all aren’t gotta act like my race gone extinct lol’

This made me laugh out loud it's so true. Though I know it's coming from a good place so no worries @Brainbug

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Since I might miss an announcement regarding KotM could either @Brainbug or @Mulder (or another Godzilla superfan) tag me when an official announcement is made regarding KotM tickets?  That way I know to set aside some time for prep.

--

While I'm here, might as well mention that Cinemark showings are now starting to populate through the region, matching what A Star is Orm reported.  Odd, actually, as Regal is the one who usually jumps the gun here.   

Nothing at Arden yet, BTW, so don't ask. ;)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Since I might miss an announcement regarding KotM could either @Brainbug or @Mulder (or another Godzilla superfan) tag me when an official announcement is made regarding KotM tickets?  That way I know to set aside some time for prep.

--

While I'm here, might as well mention that Cinemark showings are now starting to populate through the region, matching what A Star is Orm reported.  Odd, actually, as Regal is the one who usually jumps the gun here.   

Nothing at Arden yet, BTW, so don't ask. ;)

Will do! I'm set up to get an email from AMC when the tickets are officially on sale so I should know right away unless I'm sleeping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Fandango Early Access showings for SLOP2 just got a massive boost for some reason:

Updated by @akvalley: 2019-05-07 14:55:56 Central (Lock time Fridays 11:00:00)
BUY TIME	TICKETS	MOVIE TITLE
--------------------------------------------------
2019-05-07 14:00:00	1261	Avengers Endgame (2019)
2019-05-07 14:00:00	189	Pokémon Detective Pikachu
2019-05-07 14:00:00	174	Fandango Early Access The Secret Life of Pets 2
2019-05-07 14:00:00	143	Long Shot
2019-05-07 14:00:00	133	The Intruder (2019)
2019-05-07 14:00:00	131	Avengers Endgame 3D (2019)
2019-05-07 14:00:00	95	Avengers Endgame The IMAX 2D Experience (2019)
2019-05-07 14:00:00	77	Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)
2019-05-07 14:00:00	60	UglyDolls

Might be an advertising boost as I see it getting a pretty big page ad for it on the Fandango home page.

Anyone know what's up with this boost besides advertising?

• Like 1

So, this isn't a theater I track, but I'm always amused by decisions other theaters make...and we've seemed to have a string of interesting ones thanks to Endgame...

This week's award goes to a local 10 screen who has dropped Endgame down to only TWO screens, but it's not b/c they booked so many openers or gave Pika so many screens (they also got 2)...it's so they could keep DUMBO on a FULL screen AND PENGUINS on a half-screen.  Like are you kidding?  With all the movies out, and as only a 10, you picked those 2 to save with serious showings allocated?  AND they dropped Captain Marvel to do it (and Shazam, but I could understand that one:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1