grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

22 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

AMC Empire 25(Hobbs and Shaw previews)

Reveal hidden contents

Sold another 45 tickets since yesterday night. Almost nothing for 2D shows.

Spoiler

Imax - 218(206)/303 (8PM), 25(22)/303 (1115PM) Total: 243(228)/606 +15

Dolby - 214(208)/225 (7PM), 104(90)/225 (1015PM) Total: 318(298)/450 +20

2D - 32(28)/377(A13 7PM),  10(6)/309(A9 730PM), 9/309(A14 930PM), 4/377 (A13 1030PM),3(1)/309 (A8 1045PM) Total: 58(48)/1681  +10

Overall - 619(574)/2731 (22.66%) +45

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Or this, but settled on Wondy.

divorce_steve_at_tony.gif

(omg look Porthos I fixed it on my own)

• Gold Account
  • 2,796 posts

:bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo:  

Edited by Porthos
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting tickets are available for sale without any trailer or announcement. So will there be a trailer this thursday with H&S and then formal announcement will be there.

AMC Empire 25 has not listed showtimes but Lincoln Square has Imax, Dolby and 2d shows listed. Dolby has sold 34 tickets already !!!!. Will be Huge on the day we have formal announcement.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Anyway, before we get to the goods...

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-3 Days and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 39 469 6,379 7.35%

Total Showings Added Today: 9

Total Seats Added Today: 873

Total Seats Sold Today: 110

Comps

0.11x of The Lion King 3 days before release (2.66M)

Adjusted Comps

0.92x of Once Upon 3 days before release (5.3M)

8.45x of Crawl 3 days before release (8.4M)

6.29x of Stuber 3 days before release (4.7M)

Alright, so of the movies listed, Once Upon feels like the best one, just by being an older male-skewing film with a fanbase (although who knows which one is more fan-frontloaded?). At least using that 5.3M, I would have concerns. If it follows Fate of the Furious, that would result in just barely over 50M. And Fate came out in the spring.

But of course, I don't have much to go off of. I don't even know how other F&F films acted. And of course, last week, all of my data was pointing towards a preview # in the 4M range for Once Upon, so it's not fair to be so pessimistic. But if this doesn't start gaining solid ground on Once Upon in the next three days...yeah, I'll be concerned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

It Chapter Two Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-38 Days and Counting

TOTALS 0 26 22 5,113 0.43%

Have no comps. It seems low, but I'm pretty sure these showtimes just got reinstated, and at this point most people are probably either sleeping or just plain not thinking about tickets at this point. Of course, we're also the only people who know that tickets are on sale in a handful of locations, so...yeah, this is just kind of nothing special.

If people are interested, one location has sold 20 of those 22 tickets, and one locations has 18 of the 26 showings so far. Said 18-showings location is a 24-screener, so that does explain why that does have more. But having so many showings more than a month before its reveal does say, at least a little bit, how big some theaters expect the film to be.

Also to @Biggestgeekever and his discovery, the two AMC locations available also only have it up to 7, while the independent theater starts at 5. Surprisingly, it's not the first time this has happened. Ocean's 8 4PM Thursday shows were AMC-only, while every other theater waited for 5. Don't ask me why that happened, but there is a precedence for this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

It Chapter Two Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-38 Days and Counting

TOTALS 0 26 22 5,113 0.43%

Have no comps. It seems low, but I'm pretty sure these showtimes just got reinstated, and at this point most people are probably either sleeping or just plain not thinking about tickets at this point. Of course, we're also the only people who know that tickets are on sale in a handful of locations, so...yeah, this is just kind of nothing special.

If people are interested, one location has sold 20 of those 22 tickets, and one locations has 18 of the 26 showings so far. Said 18-showings location is a 24-screener, so that does explain why that does have more. But having so many showings more than a month before its reveal does say, at least a little bit, how big some theaters expect the film to be.

Also to @Biggestgeekever and his discovery, the two AMC locations available also only have it up to 7, while the independent theater starts at 5. Surprisingly, it's not the first time this has happened. Ocean's 8 4PM Thursday shows were AMC-only, while every other theater waited for 5. Don't ask me why that happened, but there is a precedence for this.

Hilarious that one dolby show at lincoln square has sold more tickets than entire city !!!!

AMC itself is saying ticket sales will start soon. So its fandango allowing ticket sales before formal start.

https://imgur.com/VztcMbt

Edited by keysersoze123

FWIW.

Number of tickets sold so far in Sacto for It Chapter 2:  

18957911-zero-sign-created-from-text-ill

Spoiler

There's only four reserved seating showings so far in the region.  One at an "A" tier theater and the other an upper "B".

Reckon folks locally just don't know about it yet.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

So its fandango allowing ticket sales before formal start.

it's not so much Fandango as the theaters themselves forgetting to set a Do Not Sell Yet flag.

Or not caring.  That works as well.  It's happened before and it'll happen again.

FWIW, I can buy tickets for showings off the Regal website for their local shows as well.

Edited by Porthos

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

FWIW.

Number of tickets sold so far in Sacto for It Chapter 2:  

18957911-zero-sign-created-from-text-ill

Hide contents

There's only four reserved seating showings so far in the region.  One at an "A" tier theater and the other an upper "B".

Reckon folks locally just don't know about it yet.

Wow, even with the most favorable comp that gives $0M previews. Sad :sadno:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

Wow, even with the most favorable comp that gives $0M previews. Sad :sadno:

Thought about making a crumbling type joke; decided to see what the peanut gallery came up with instead. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One thing with H&S tracking is I suspect it's one of those movies like Solo that scores super high on awareness but people just arent all that interested in seeing it. That could explain a discrepancy with tracking and tepid sales. Although I would wait to see Thursday midday numbers to call death on it as Fallout was very same day heavy on Pulse. 

• Like 2

Hobbs & Shaw Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-3 days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

9.55%

Total Showings Added Today:       17 (2 at non-reserved seating theaters)

Total Seats Added Today:          1567

Total Seats Sold Today:               133

Apparently I don't have ANY good comps for this film given its sale pattern.  Might throw in some others at the last moment, or I might change them entirely after thinking about it some more. But here are four recent comps.  DON'T TAKE MUCH (if anything) FROM THESE:

Comps (probably lol - use at own risk)

0.5252x as many tickets sold as Detective Pikachu 3 days before release.       [2.99m]

0.5791x as many tickets sold as John Wick 3 3 days before release.                [3.42m]

0.4791x as many tickets sold as Aladdin 3 days before release.                      [3.35m]

0.5455x as many tickets sold as King of the Monsters 3 days before release.  [3.44m]

0.1312x as many tickets sold as The Lion King 3 days before release.             [3.02m]

T-3:

Pika       238 seats sold [0 sellouts/71 shows  |   6647/8132 seats   | 1485 seats sold |  18.26% sold]

Wick 3   189 seats sold [0 sellouts/61 shows  |   6606/7953 seats   | 1347 seats sold |  16.94% sold]

Aladdin  173 seats sold [0 sellouts/93 shows  | 10983/12611 seats | 1628 seats sold |  12.91% sold]

KotM     131 seats sold [0 sellouts/101 shows | 12310/13740 seats | 1430 seats sold |  10.41% sold]

TLK       490 seats sold  [1 sellout/240 shows | 18277/24223 seats | 5946 seats sold |  24.55% sold]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Thought about making a crumbling type joke; decided to see what the peanut gallery came up with instead. ;)

FL96T3JJH.jpgP

edit: this joke is so bad i wanna erase the post but will do it in a clandestine way a page or two from now.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Well, this is DOA.

Hobbs & Shaw
Lincoln Square 13
Sold Total % Shows
335 1318 25.41% 4
Comps (Monday of Final Week)
MIB3 482 69.50% 2.15
RM 284 117.95% 2.06
JW3 486 68.93% 3.92
SM Cinemagic
Sold Total % Shows
15 1423 1.05% 9
Comps (Monday of Final Week)
MIB3 15 100% 3.1
RM 6 250% 4.375
JW3 60 25% 1.475

And it wasn't until I did the chart that I remembered JW3 and MIB3 had some IMAX screens.  I believe John Wick didn't have IMAX at these theaters but MIB3 did. 

Either way:

pete campbell not great bob GIF

It Chapter 2 isn't showing at Cinemagic yet, and it's not on Atom at LS13.  I'm just going to wait until it's official date to grab those.  I also am gonna grab Dora, because, yup, I'm doing it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3