grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

21 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I highly doubt Uni made H&S with a JW3 type performance in mind. They definitely made it with the intentions of it performing like a mainline Fast movie. 

H&S will have no problems crushing JW3 in OS markets. So even with similar numbers in domestic, it can be profitable overall.

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I highly doubt Uni made H&S with a JW3 type performance in mind. They definitely made it with the intentions of it performing like a mainline Fast movie. 

Domestically JW3 is within 25% of F8. OS H&S will do way more, that’s how they justified the budget.    

That said, I think H&S is looking to underperform Uni’s Hopes DOM and OS.

9 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

whatever happened to that fandango presale tracker?

On 7/23/2019 at 12:52 AM, Porthos said:

Pulse got taken off line about a month ago by Fandango.  No Pulse, nothing for akvalley to track.

Also the MT.com top five page finally went away about three weeks or so before then.  So not even that as a fall back.

23 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

Hobbs and Shaw Thursday Night Showings Denver Metro

AMC Westminster Promenade 24:

Dolby: 

7 PM – 118/217(+18)

10:15 PM – 13/217

2D: 

7 PM – 14/158(+3)

7:30 PM – 9/56

10:45 PM – 0/56

11:15 PM – 2/158

AMC Highlands Ranch 24:

2D: 

7 PM – 70/159(+9)

7:30 PM – 2/52(+1)

10:15 PM – 3/159

Total from 9 theaters(29 showings): 454(+59)/4923 (9.2%)

TLK comp: 3.13M

I don’t have an exact comp for OUATIH because I never posted or saved Sunday numbers, but I do remember that it sold around 120 tickets on Monday. So, I’ll make a rough comp from that.

OUATIH comp: 6.03M

Hobbs and Shaw Thursday Night Showings Denver Metro

AMC Westminster Promenade 24:

Dolby:

7 PM – 137/217(+19)

10:15 PM – 13/217

2D:

7 PM – 19/158(+5)

7:30 PM – 13/56(+4)

10:45 PM – 0/56

11:15 PM – 2/158

AMC Highlands Ranch 24:

2D:

7 PM – 79/159(+9)

7:30 PM – 3/52(+1)

10:15 PM – 5/159(+2)

Total from 9 theaters(29 showings): 544(+90)/4923 (11.1%)

TLK comp: 3.4M

OUATIH comp: 5.66M

The Sunday to Monday increase in tickets sold is about the same as TLK in terms of percentage. But it’s not very encouraging that it is falling behind OUATIH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

So....I just started prepping up for Hobbs & Shaw, and wouldn't you know it, It Chapter Two tickets are on sale...sort of.

Only three theaters have showtimes up, but it's pretty clear we're gonna get a tickets announcement any day now.

@Porthos @Inceptionzq @VenomXXR @captainwondyful y'all know what to do.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

So....I just started prepping up for Hobbs & Shaw, and wouldn't you know it, It Chapter Two tickets are on sale...sort of.

Only three theaters have showtimes up, but it's pretty clear we're gonna get a tickets announcement any day now.

Nothing at mine just yet but I’m preparing myself...

arnold schwarzenegger come at me bro GIF

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

And I even checked early today! 

*checks now*

Fuckin' A.  It, no pun intended, is up at a few Regals now. Wasn't earlier in the day.

Gripe gripe, I hate early staggered releases, moan moan, complain complain complain.

EDIT:::

What I'll do is what I did for KotM and FB2 and make a note of pre pre-sales but not start an official count until they're officially on sale.

SECOND EDIT::: I CHECKED LITERALLY AND EXACTLY THREE HOURS AGO ACCORDING TO MY CHROME BOOKMARK HISTORY!!!! :rofl:

Sigh.  

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Porthos
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

BTW, looks like they start at 5pm.

Which is just... Whatever.  At least it's not 4pm, but gonna make it even MORE annoying for comps.

2 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Looking around it seems AMC locations will start previews at 7PM while other theater chains begin at 5PM. Which is kinda weird? Also noticed the runtime has been updated to 169 minutes, so that's probably the actual length of the movie.

Some theaters will set an initial lineup at 7pm even if they are allowed to start earlier and "backfill" their showings when they have more of an idea of what a schedule will be.

Also could be that the 5pm start time is throwing some managers off at whatever local AMCs you have.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

luke skywalker GIF by Star Wars

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Some theaters will set an initial lineup at 7pm even if they are allowed to start earlier and "backfill" their showings when they have more of an idea of what a schedule will be.

Also could be that the 5pm start time is throwing some managers off at whatever local AMCs you have.

Yeah that's probably the case. I don't think AMC would be willing to not start at the same time even if those showings probably won't add a whole lot to the preview numbers. 

Also re: Hobbs and Shaw. The tracking that Shawn mentioned is encouraging, but spinoffs historically don't perform too well compared to the primary franchise (with Minions being pretty much the sole exception). It's also the spinoff of a series that's in decline domestically, so we really should be skeptical of how its going to perform unless we see ticket sales that suggest otherwise.

• Like 2